Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Ceramic Tint 20% all the way around.
Looks great. How much darker was the 20% ceramic compared to the stock tint on the rear windows? Debating on doing just the front two or the whole truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
You could definitely save some money and only do the front 2. And I would suggest the rear windshield personally but I haul a lot of tools and I don't like people to see that. With the rear doors the sunshade blocks a ton if you use them that will save a lot on the ceramic cost. All 9 windows was 500 something for the tint. Ceramic ain't cheap but it's noticiably cooler inside now.

Reactions
This might be a dumb question, but for the back do they go over the factory tint or remove and replace?

Reactions
I believe the factory tint is inside the glass. So to my knowledge it is in addition to the factory tint.

Reactions
gotcha thanks!

Reactions
does ceramic tint interfere with radar detector?

Reactions
If you run shit ceramic yes. Non metallic ceramic has no interference.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
No issues here with ceramic and a radar detector.

Reactions
It was yesterday, but found someone that wanted to ditch their roof rails. Made the swap I’m the middle of a 3000+ mile road trip, lol.

Reactions
It was yesterday, but found someone that wanted to ditch their roof rails. Made the swap I’m the middle of a 3000+ mile road trip, lol.

You dropped your headliner in the middle of a 3000 mile trip?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@Blown F-150 is a man of remarkable mechanical composure. He'll undertake just about anything on his vehicles.

Liquid

Reactions
Washed the Beast and installed OEM splash guards (AKA Mud Flaps)
Thanks for the pic. I've been on the fence about it and you have the same paint & wheels. May need to wait a month to let my credit card cool off [giggle]

Liquid

Reactions
Yesterday I installed the 2nd set of black Gorilla 96643BDX lug nuts (the 1st set only shipped with 19 nuts ) then today I had 35% Xpel HP applied to the front row windows, and clear Xpel PPF applied to the headlights and fogs at Sunshade in Troy MI. I wanted the fogs tinted but Eric talked me out of it after experiencing lens cracks with LaminX.

Reactions
You dropped your headliner in the middle of a 3000 mile trip?
Yeah, no real worries when you do a little planning and have a good friend who also knows how to turn a wrench and has a ridiculous amount of Snap On tools

Reactions
Yeah, no real worries when you do a little planning and have a good friend who also knows how to turn a wrench and has a ridiculous amount of Snap On tools

Props to you!!!

Explorer ST Posts