Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Explorer ST replace?

Reactions
That’s a super clean looking TL
Thanks. Sold it to someone from CA who flew in to get it and drive it back across country. He was a great guy and true fan as he already has one with close to 200k.

Reactions
I replaced my 09 chevy cobalt ss turbocharged. Was fully bolted and tuned with an upgraded turbo on 91 octane. I was able to beat the new civic type r and even a stock 2018 mustang 5.0 from a 40 roll. I had a more aggressive tune on e47 but ended up selling the car and this is my first Ford product. I will miss the rawness of that small couple but onto bigger and better things! The explorer st was a perfect blend of space, ruggedness, handling, power, gas mileage, and new technology. It can literally do it all and is the best bang for the buck when considering power for under 60k.

ridiaz

Reactions
2018 Subaru STI. I had a 2013 and 2016 STI before that. I needed more room for the family but still fun to drive. 100 percent happy with my ST. Insurance went down almost 100$ per month and getting the same gas mileage as the Subaru. (y)

rjhodder

Reactions
2013 Audi s4, I do miss the exhaust burp and dual clutch. My insurance went down as well, only $27 a year, but hey I'll take it. Only thing I really am missing in this ST is exhaust. Love the cabin noise though, even if it's electronic.

Reactions
2013 Taurus SHO.

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost 4wd Supercab

Dphan67

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2016 Ford Edge SEL AWD

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Great truck (2013 Raptor) for the years I owned it.....but I ended up with a 2019 C7 Z06 and got the wife the Explorer ST.

Attachments

Reactions
2018 Jeep trackhawk. It was a fun car but not that practical and I have a almost 16 year old so that car wasn’t an option for them to drive. On top of that the overall quality of the car was poor, all sorts of little things broke so it went into the dealer often for repairs.

geeoffs

Reactions
ML350 and am not looking back