Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Well, Well, Well ....

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
We started to get water that was discolored coming into the house. After eliminating it wasn't the softner, we made a call to a well driller. 23 yr old well, 55 feet deep, never been opened since drilled. Determined it was magineese, decided to blow out the well. Pulled the pump, and ran an air line down to the bottom. 350 psi of air made a boatload of crap come out! Magineese, sulfur, and iron build up. Cleared up after about a half hour. Plenty of water, 20 gallons / minute. Literally had to hammer the magineese off of the pump. Everythings back together, ran another hours worth of water before putting the house online. (y)

1649192245678.jpeg

Sulfur

1649192309518.jpeg
1649192429492.jpeg

Magineese and gravel

1649192541463.jpeg

A quarter inch of scale he hammered off of the pump.

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
20 gallons a minute! That's awesome. I have a 150 ft well and I'm at about 2 gallons a minute, which is great up here in Coal Creek Canyon, CO. We're at 8900 ft and our water is redish yellow through spring into the summer because of all the iron. We live on pretty much solid rock. Mostly granite. I have neighbors that have to have water delivered and can't do laundry towards the end of summer through fall.

EDIT: We have a 1500 gallon cistern and about 75 ft of water in the well. Once it's drained, it's refresh rate is about 2 gallons a minute.

OP
Autoworker

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Is you water table low due to lack of rainfall? Good that you have a cistern.

Last edited:

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Is you water table low due to lack of rainfall? Good that you have a cistern.
It's a combination; Colorado is a high desert and very dry plus my mountain is solid granite. My neighbor about a quarter mile away had to pay 20k to frack his well and he still has problems.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
We started to get water that was discolored coming into the house. After eliminating it wasn't the softner, we made a call to a well driller. 23 yr old well, 55 feet deep, never been opened since drilled. Determined it was magineese, decided to blow out the well. Pulled the pump, and ran an air line down to the bottom. 350 psi of air made a boatload of crap come out! Magineese, sulfur, and iron build up. Cleared up after about a half hour. Plenty of water, 20 gallons / minute. Literally had to hammer the magineese off of the pump. Everythings back together, ran another hours worth of water before putting the house online. (y)

View attachment 11344

Sulfur

View attachment 11345
View attachment 11346

Magineese and gravel

View attachment 11347

A quarter inch of scale he hammered off of the pump.
"Honey, the lemonade tastes funny?"
"You're imagining things. It's fine."