Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Going to look at some 23 STs. What features do I need to verify are there, missing, deleted, ghosted by Ford? Any test drive tips?

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
yup
i may buy the module and put it in her car. 200 seems high but i will look
i am still a bit twisted over the horrible gauge display compared to my 150, same freaking screen, why cant we have software to show boost, real eng and trans temps on every screen as an option????? freaking hell
They technically aren’t the same screen, but they definitely could’ve programmed ours better. I don’t really care though. Sport mode has amazing looking gauges, and it’s not like I am going to stare at a boost gauge as I drive down the road.

yemonyime

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I have a heated steering wheel in mine
Just bought a 23 ST, and mine does have the heated steering wheel. Was this removed in later builds?

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
They technically aren’t the same screen, but they definitely could’ve programmed ours better. I don’t really care though. Sport mode has amazing looking gauges, and it’s not like I am going to stare at a boost gauge as I drive down the road.
even having a sweep boost in the periphery is helpful
my gauge read out in the 150 have actual numbers on trans and eng temp.. why are these two basic displays not on all the select able gauge screens?
and not to split hairs,

its packaged as an ST...one would think...hmm lets get them the option in all screens
tow haul especially a trans temp gauge, eng temp and boost with numbers.
its possible, as its in the coding , we just need the software/firmware

ford are you listening..

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
even having a sweep boost in the periphery is helpful
my gauge read out in the 150 have actual numbers on trans and eng temp.. why are these two basic displays not on all the select able gauge screens?
and not to split hairs,

its packaged as an ST...one would think...hmm lets get them the option in all screens
tow haul especially a trans temp gauge, eng temp and boost with numbers.
its possible, as its in the coding , we just need the software/firmware

ford are you listening..
How haul mode has trans temp gauge and all modes have engine temp gauge. Boost IMO does not matter unless your datalogging.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Just bought a 23 ST, and mine does have the heated steering wheel. Was this removed in later builds?
I was not aware they removed the heated steering wheel in later years. All the STs I saw had them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Mine has it

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Mine has heated steering wheel, build date 11/23
Wish I had the front camera though. The camera is there but the button is missing from the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
How haul mode has trans temp gauge and all modes have engine temp gauge. Boost IMO does not matter unless your datalogging.
i dis agree
boost is very important, in tow haul and sport
as is real trans temp with a readout not just a sweep as is eng temp
my point is, we as the end user should be able to see all the gauges in each screen, and also be able to add the digits vice just a sweep of anywhere on the little icon

sport should also have as default, boost, trans and eng temp in digits as well
yes it has eng temp and trans temp..but they are just a sweep with no real indication of temps
i can enable all that in the f150 and the aviator i played with at a dealer so we should be be able to
the f150
the codes are there, the firmware is missing the information

Attachments

Last edited: