Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Welcome to the Explorer ST Forum, please post an introduction

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hello to all! Just got an Iconic Silver ST and am very excited. Pedal Commander and a tune from 5StarTuning on the way!
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats.

Please report back when you get the tuner , and the PC.

Jim

Rmans911

Reactions
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats.

Please report back when you get the tuner , and the PC.

Jim
Tuner today, Pedal Commander tomorrow and a report afterwards!

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Tuner today, Pedal Commander tomorrow and a report afterwards!
I'm interested in what you experience after putting on the tuner.

Better response, smoother gearshift, more power, and anything else you can see a difference in.

Thanks

Jim

Rmans911

Reactions
I'm interested in what you experience after putting on the tuner.

Better response, smoother gearshift, more power, and anything else you can see a difference in.

Thanks

Jim
Installed the 5Star tune today. They give you 3 and the Bully Dog BDX unit. I have only tried the 87 Octane Performance tune and all I can say is ”whoa”. Mind you, I said 87 Octane. I also got the 92 Octane and an E85 tune. For what I am doing, there’s ZERO need for me to go to 92 or E85. This 87 octane tune I installed is MORE than enough. With the Pedal Commander installed tomorrow, the throttle response time will drop and the push will be instantaneous.

Rmans911

Reactions
So, the power difference is a “no-doubt-about-it”. It is wicked and feels more brutish than before the flash. The rear tires hopped around quite a bit, and I had traction control still set to “on”. I noticed a marked power increase when going from about 30-60mph while stomping on accelerator. It is certainly quicker than my S4 with a REVO Stage1 tune. I actually giggled out loud driving a freaking Ford Explorer today!!! NEVER thought I’d be able to say that after owning the original Explorer and the Gen 2 after that one.

Reactions
So, the power difference is a “no-doubt-about-it”. It is wicked and feels more brutish than before the flash. The rear tires hopped around quite a bit, and I had traction control still set to “on”. I noticed a marked power increase when going from about 30-60mph while stomping on accelerator. It is certainly quicker than my S4 with a REVO Stage1 tune. I actually giggled out loud driving a freaking Ford Explorer today!!! NEVER thought I’d be able to say that after owning the original Explorer and the Gen 2 after that one.
I did the same thing "giggled out loud" when I went from my 87 GT Mustang to a 87 Buick "little V6 Grand National" back in the day. A longggggggg time ago. Well when we get my wifes new ST this is something we will definitely look into!

Pardon my idiocy but where do you guys get this tune? Thanks in Advance! Ty

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thanks a lot Rmans911.

Sounds good.
Have you tried 0-60 time yet?

Now I'm looking forward to hearing about the PC also.

I just got my ST last week.
Trying to decide which tuner.

Was the 5star plug and play?

Jim

Rmans911

Reactions
Thanks a lot Rmans911.

Sounds good.
Have you tried 0-60 time yet?

Now I'm looking forward to hearing about the PC also.

I just got my ST last week.
Trying to decide which tuner.

Was the 5star plug and play?

Jim
The 5 Star was very easy. The Pedal Commander is tomorrow morning and I can‘t wait to feel the combination of the tune and the commander.

Rmans911

Reactions
I did the same thing "giggled out loud" when I went from my 87 GT Mustang to a 87 Buick "little V6 Grand National" back in the day. A longggggggg time ago. Well when we get my wifes new ST this is something we will definitely look into!

https://5startuning.com/

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Livernois is plug and play also. I've been running a Livernois Tune since I had my 2017 Explorer Sport, then My 2019 Ranger and now have a Livernois tune in my ST.
Easy to install, easy to update... :)

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Happy New Year everyone! My name is Shelby from Lima, Ohio. Picked up a new '20 ST Star White yesterday. Look forward to being on this forum!

Reactions
Happy New Year everyone! My name is Shelby from Lima, Ohio. Picked up a new '20 ST Star White yesterday. Look forward to being on this forum!
Welcome to the group

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thanks for joining us.

Welcome from KY.

Jim

2020is

Reactions
Mark from NC. Will be trading wife’s daily driver ‘17 Platinum for ‘21 ST in next few weeks hopefully. Dealer trying to find desired ride this week as order from early to mid December does not have VIN yet. Plan to order a sway bar and springs(H&R vs Steeda?) and have installed prior to delivery. Have left Platinum pretty much stock other than FORSCAN which is difficult for me but she doesn’t like for me to alter her ride much(hence the mods prior to delivery desired).

Reactions
Mark from NC. Will be trading wife’s daily driver ‘17 Platinum for ‘21 ST in next few weeks hopefully. Dealer trying to find desired ride this week as order from early to mid December does not have VIN yet. Plan to order a sway bar and springs(H&R vs Steeda?) and have installed prior to delivery. Have left Platinum pretty much stock other than FORSCAN which is difficult for me but she doesn’t like for me to alter her ride much(hence the mods prior to delivery desired).
Great, let us know once you get it and also share some pics.

20 Red ST

Reactions
What's up early adopters, Mike here. Took delivery of my ST two days ago, now at 176 miles. Came from a very bad Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel experience; it was a 2014, first model year for the diesel. So I have learned nothing as I plunge into the new model year of the Explorer. :) I'm enjoying the car so far, BUT... there's a leak on my garage floor. That's not good! Any idea on what that might be? I'm babying the car as I break it in, haven't really gotten into the throttle yet. Looking forward this adventure!
Hello, Mike.
That looks like it could be engine oil to me.
I suggest feeling some of it on your fingers. Engine oil should be darker and more slippery feeling than transmission fluid.
Try pulling a piece of cardboard under the front. it will show the color of the oil a little better.
Make sure you keep check on all your fluid levels until you find out what is leaking.
my 2cents....Barney.