Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Weird issue with my instrument cluster

jrjoeyg12

Reactions
Does anyone else have this issue? All of the sudden my speedometer just started getting stuck on the left side (see pic.) there is no way to get it back to the center. Also my auto drive (the lane assist that only works when in cruise control) stopped working during so I thought they were related. I brought it into the dealer and they replaced the instrument cluster. Speedometer is still stuck on the left side. They’re telling me it’s probably an update change. I also now have half the screen show up randomly (see pic). I have a 2020 ST. Any thoughts, particularly about the new speedometer location?
10F385AA-7F26-4D24-BF90-729FC82A1F71.jpeg AAD64ECB-51AC-4080-BD76-0B030874CD54.jpeg

Reactions
can't help you with the half screen, but to move your speedo look at the turn signal stalk on the left side, push the button on the end in. This moves the speedo from the left to center, or center to left.

I think adaptive cruise needs to be on, not sure as I don't use these features. 20211020_142317.jpg

Last edited:
OP
jrjoeyg12

jrjoeyg12

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That's part of the problem, it won't move. Normally the button on the left turn signal moves it back and forth. The speedometer is effectively stuck there. So...it wasn't an update?

Reactions
I think your speedo cluster is toast then, especially after seeing the half working screen. My recommendation is go to the dealer.

Reactions
I thought I've seen it all with this ST but I guess not lol.

OP
jrjoeyg12

jrjoeyg12

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Yeah I took it back to the shop yesterday. It was already a brand new Instrument Cluster that they just switched out! I guess my main question was did an update make the Speedo stick to the left side only. Looks like the answer is no. I think the cluster is shot

Reactions
Go into the settings menu and turn off the “Intelligent” cruise control setting so that the adaptive part is turned off. The speedometer moves to the left to make room for the adaptive feature when that function is active. As far as the half screen, can’t help you there.

OP
jrjoeyg12

jrjoeyg12

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I’ll try that when I get the ST back and let you know how it goes