Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Warning chime tone change

Reactions
Recently I’ve experienced changes in the way the warning chimes sound. I noticed it right away while backing up and it also does it with the initial startup beeps. It sounds like it’s coming through a crappy speaker behind the dash. Usually it comes through the main speakers.

Reactions
I have experienced this as well.
Who knows lol..

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I have experienced this as well.
Who knows lol..
My car is going in probably week for something else and they’re going to look at it. Found another thread online about this issue and it could be related to the BCM connection. I have some other electrical gremlins and this could be the fix . I will update!

Reactions
Y
My car is going in probably week for something else and they’re going to look at it. Found another thread online about this issue and it could be related to the BCM connection. I have some other electrical gremlins and this could be the fix . I will update!
Please do keep us informed, tks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you have the current Sync version? I've had the tones change during / after an update and then it reverts to the normal tones after a bit.

Reactions
Do you have the current Sync version? I've had the tones change during / after an update and then it reverts to the normal tones after a bit.
I haven`t updated yet..Worried to change anything lol. I don`t mind the chime changes.. I just get use to the sounds the car makes :)

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
here's the winner. it will change to a less refined beep right after an update of some kind. drive for a little while or do a few key cycles and it will revert back to normal.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I’ve tried to update the sync system but it will not update in the background like it’s supposed to. It also will not pick up where it left off either. I’m going to address this issue on my next service visit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You can also create a USB thumb drive from Ford's Owner site to update. It is also faster :)