Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Valvetronic Exhaust

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just looking for people's experiences. There are always people willing to do some experiments for the fun of it and FOR SCIENCE. I used to do this with a friend when I was in high school and college where we would throw together random exhaust systems and tell people about it in forums and people found it interesting and at times beneficial. I no longer do that but am just seeing if anyone else has tried such a thing. It seems there are a few people trying it such as 56mq and WindyDishes and just looking to see what their experience was.
@UNBROKEN also fabricated an exhaust. You can easily search and find his experience or he'll chime in. Same with the others.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Donyou
Those look nice. I ended up installing and placed the vacuum pump under the spare tire and ran out the vacuum hose through the pressure relief panel and left the power cord snaked to the right rear power outlet. Sorry not very clean... View attachment 12120 View attachment 12120
Those look nice. I ended up installing and placed the vacuum pump under the spare tire and ran out the vacuum hose through the pressure relief panel and left the power cord snaked to the right rear power outlet. Sorry not very clean... View attachment 12120 View attachment 12120
do you have pictures of the pressure relief panel? I cannot figure out how or where to get the hose from the valve piston into the car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Donyou

do you have pictures of the pressure relief panel? I cannot figure out how or where to get the hose from the valve piston into the car.
it is in the trunk area on the right side with the outlet you need to pull the panel off

Reactions
You don't need to remove the side cover. There are some vents at the bottom of that side panel. Get the hose out from the inside to the side. It's easier than trying to get in from the outside.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You don't need to remove the side cover. There are some vents at the bottom of that side panel. Get the hose out from the inside to the side. It's easier than trying to get in from the outside.
Thank you!!!! So helpful.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
All installed and love it. Couldn’t have done it without your help. Thanks!!

Cbehr

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer ST & 03 Mustang Cobra
All installed and love it. Couldn’t have done it without your help. Thanks!!
Do you have stock DP's & resonator? How would you rate the drone particularly when the valves are closed?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Do you have stock DP's & resonator? How would you rate the drone particularly when the valves are closed?
I have 3" spd DP's and custom 3" mid pipes with an x pipe to the valvetronics. Prior to mids and DP no drone open or closed. After dp and mids decent drone with the valves open minimal with closed dont even notice with the radio on low volume. My biggest complaint is it sounds so raspy with valves open with the dp and mids i think Im going to go the 3" cv route. I thought about a few pass through resonators but havent decided yet.

Reactions
I still have stock dp but replaced resonator with X-pipe. No drone with valves closed. Not that much when valves are open.

Cbehr

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer ST & 03 Mustang Cobra
I still have stock dp but replaced resonator with X-pipe. No drone with valves closed. Not that much when valves are open.
How'd the sound change when you added the x-pipe or did you do it all in one shot? I've heard some say an x makes it more raspy but the guys at Valvetronics said it reduces the rasp?