Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Valvetronic Exhaust

Kapster55

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
you mentioned a "blower motor" sound in the cabin, is that because removed the resonator ?

Reactions
I had the resonator removed and added an x-pipe
An specific brand X-pipe or a generic one? I will have my Valvetronic delivered on Friday and have been looking for a good x-pipe.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
An specific brand X-pipe or a generic one? I will have my Valvetronic delivered on Friday and have been looking for a good x-pipe.
What did you order?

Reactions
Maybe it's just me but all of the bolt-on aftermarket exhausts have "just about" the same exhaust note . IMHO , if you don't go custom , you will always sound like the guy next to you . All I did was remove the resonator and add a Flo Pro resonator with built in X-pipe and then muffler delete . It gives it a similar sound to the R35 . I'm sure there are people that will hate on my opinion but it is what it is .

By the way , I am not hating on Valvetronic because they are the setup I am going with on my new M3 Competition after it gets built .

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Link? Info? Thanks.

STdriver

Reactions
For anyone who has installed these, any links or information on how to pull apart the interior panel to hide the vacuum equipment?

Reactions
For anyone who has installed these, any links or information on how to pull apart the interior panel to hide the vacuum equipment?
I will be installing the vacuum equipment tomorrow. Got muffler and tips installed yesterday.

Attachments

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I will be installing the vacuum equipment tomorrow. Got muffler and tips installed yesterday.
Like to know how they sound closed. There is another video out there but it's hard to tell if they quite down to near factory. Been running Borla S-Types for a few months and thinking I would like it to be a little quieter for daily running around and louder when my foot gains weight.

Reactions
Like to know how they sound closed. There is another video out there but it's hard to tell if they quite down to near factory. Been running Borla S-Types for a few months and thinking I would like it to be a little quieter for daily running around and louder when my foot gains weight.
I can’t imagine it’s quieter than a borla s type closed.

the borla has mufflers so it would sound similar. Does the borla drone?

STdriver

Reactions
Those look nice. I ended up installing and placed the vacuum pump under the spare tire and ran out the vacuum hose through the pressure relief panel and left the power cord snaked to the right rear power outlet. Sorry not very clean... ST with new tips.jpg ST with new tips.jpg

Reactions
Those look nice. I ended up installing and placed the vacuum pump under the spare tire and ran out the vacuum hose through the pressure relief panel and left the power cord snaked to the right rear power outlet. Sorry not very clean... View attachment 12120 View attachment 12120
Me too. Will be doing a connection on the rear panel to the power outlet shortly.

Reactions

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I can’t imagine it’s quieter than a borla s type closed.

the borla has mufflers so it would sound similar. Does the borla drone?
No drone, just a little raspy under acceleration.

2PAC

Reactions

2PAC

Reactions
They are as quiet as stock, I can't speak for those who did the x pipe but if you don't do the x pipe you can leave the valves open all the time without drone..... obviously it will sound louder on acceleration but that's what you want with an open valve system.

Reactions
To hide the vaccum equipment, you only need to remove these two panels. There is some space in the area highlighted with the yellow arrow.

Attachments