Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

Green S/T

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just finished your build thread from beginning, through all the harsh comments to this point. Love the time, engery, and money which I need more of . But I definitely want to do the wheels and springs on mine, but wanna start with an IC, catch can, and air intake. Thanks for the links and all the info, but one question I have is the rear wiper delete, where did you get the more recent plugs from. Thanks and keep up the good work. Here is my ST.

Attachments

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,123
Just finished your build thread from beginning, through all the harsh comments to this point. Love the time, engery, and money which I need more of . But I definitely want to do the wheels and springs on mine, but wanna start with an IC, catch can, and air intake. Thanks for the links and all the info, but one question I have is the rear wiper delete, where did you get the more recent plugs from. Thanks and keep up the good work. Here is my ST.
So I had those plugs made for myself but I gave the dimensions to Travis at Houston Speed Freaks and he sells them on his site now. I wasn’t interested in them as a business…I just wanted one. lol

Green S/T

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
One more thing, I did notice the weight of the new wheels, but did you happen to weigh the factory wheel as well?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,125
My 21’s were just over 78lbs per

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,126
IMG_2394.jpeg Got the S&B today…haven’t installed it yet but I promptly cleaned and oiled the filters blue. I hate red filters. lol

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
She was plain filthy after the last road trip. Total of 10 hours worth of washing and detailing. Clay bar, Iron X, water spot remover because I didn’t dry the damn thing after I washed it, polish and wax. Water spots were so bad on the glass I had to dry cut them with 0000 steel wool. Now she goes under her cover until after Christmas...comes back out on the 26th for a 200 mile back road “cruise” with a local group. View attachment 8867
Hey Unbroken. I bought that ironx like you mentioned. I have a question though? When you use a clay bar with ironx did you also use another solvent with the ironx when you washed it? I haven't received the ironx yet. I have mother's spray that is supposed to be used with that clay bar. I was wondering if I should mix the two or use ironx straight with the clay bar. Thanks.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,128
Iron x straight…rinse then clay bar after.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Hey Unbroken. I bought that ironx like you mentioned. I have a question though? When you use a clay bar with ironx did you also use another solvent with the ironx when you washed it? I haven't received the ironx yet. I have mother's spray that is supposed to be used with that clay bar. I was wondering if I should mix the two or use ironx straight with the clay bar. Thanks.
I know that you asked this question of UNBROKEN but I thought I'd throw this out anyway.

I would not use the clay bar directly with the IronX. Use the IronX as instructed and then use the clay bar with some soapy water or a clay bar lube spray, basically something with some lubricity for the clay to glide over.

The IronX makes some clays fall apart and you don't want to be working with your hands in the IronX or breathing much of it either.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I know that you asked this question of UNBROKEN but I thought I'd throw this out anyway.

I would not use the clay bar directly with the IronX. Use the IronX as instructed and then use the clay bar with some soapy water or a clay bar lube spray, basically something with some lubricity for the clay to glide over.

The IronX makes some clays fall apart and you don't want to be working with your hands in the IronX or breathing much of it either.[/QUOTE

Thank you, I appreciate the help. It is being delivered today. I'm excited to see this stuff work.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Turns color so you will see all the metal contaminates. I was amazed first time I used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,133
S&B installed. I hate the logo on the window…gonna have my buddy cut me a new one without it. IMG_2403.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,134
Road tripping again this week. Houston to Savannah GA then back to Destin FL then home. Made it to Fairhope AL today…all interstate. Tomorrow is all back roads to Savannah. IMG_2462.jpeg IMG_2464.jpeg

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did you share more details on what happened to your factory rear diff? What went wrong with it? Selfishly wondering if this is inevitable even with grannied driving or if you pounded it specially

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,137
Just plain old random bad luck I think.

Reactions
Forgot to post the new wheel cover completed. I had to shrink a few spots around the top spokes but it came out virtually perfect. View attachment 19772
My local upholstery guy said he doesn’t want to install my steering wheel cover. What steps did you take to remove the steering wheel? Any tips for the install would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,140
Takes just a couple minutes to pop off the wheel. Release the airbag with a thin, long Allen wrench…holes are on the back side of the wheel, then unplug the wiring and remove the Torx bolt that holds it on and it’ll fall off. Before you disassemble the wheel take pics of the wiring and whew it runs so you don’t have to try to remember later.

Explorer ST Posts