Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,041
White thread. I actually just ordered another one in all leather with perforated sides and the red sight line. That suede feels almost slippery when driving. Maybe I’m just not used to it but I’m not really a fan. lol

PAZZI

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST- Agate Black
Thanks for the update, its difficult to tell the difference between white and grey/silver in a photo. Agreed on the slippery suede, its the same for the Alcantara. Put some driving gloves on and they would provide more grip. The wife prefers a gloveless grippy/tacky steering wheel feel (old SCCA solo driver and PCA member), so we ordered the same (leather w/perforated leather) but with no sight line and decided black thread (all black ST). Primary goal is to protect the original 'leather' with a similar feel. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I hate tall headrests on rear seats.…so I ordered up a pair of 2nd row middle seat headrests. Luckily these dropped right in. My last 2 trucks I had to rebuild the frames and the rods that go into the seat...I like the simple approach much better. View attachment 16383
I just stumbled on this thread. The Aviator console looks great. Now I am on a mission to find one.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,044
My and Travis with Houston Speed Freaks got the Waido mid-spoiler installed this afternoon. All in all I’m happy with it…a little long on the sides but I’ll fix that. I definitely dig the look. IMG_1277.jpeg IMG_1281.jpeg

dh8009

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
All of the details are in my stereo build log but here’s the finished product or the rebuild over the last few months. View attachment 10783 View attachment 10784
Sorry for the question but what is the volume you got out of the sub enclosure? Do you think you could have gotten much more volume if you had subs that required more? How big of a difference was the tweeter staging going from factory locations to the sail panels and then the a pillars?

I first seen your build log on DIYMA and seen it in person at the Plano show a couple years back. I will say I did tell you I had seen the build log on DIYMA but was afraid to ask for a demo. Now that I purchased a 2020 ST a month ago, I’m kicking myself for not asking for a demo. Nice build and I will say that’s your build and not wanting two Tahoe/Yukons in the driveway made my decisions for purchasing the ST.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,046
That one is 2.2ft^3 and I could have easily gotten more. As far as moving the tweeters…those and the midranges were definitely needed for the imaging and staging I was looking for. I should have gone all out to begin with but just had to try oem locations first. Now I don’t use any oem spots. lol

dh8009

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
That one is 2.2ft^3 and I could have easily gotten more. As far as moving the tweeters…those and the midranges were definitely needed for the imaging and staging I was looking for. I should have gone all out to begin with but just had to try oem locations first. Now I don’t use any oem spots. lol
Yes, I seen the build of the pillars and even the vented kick panels. I can’t go all out like that in mines transporting 4 kids full time, lol. How are the factory locations just for a daily. Got a set of Dynaudio two-way components that need to be installed in a vehicle. Don’t know if I got the time to get pillar or sails built or the time to learn to build myself.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,048
Newest wheel cover with no suede this time. IMG_1325.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,049
Forgot to post the new wheel cover completed. I had to shrink a few spots around the top spokes but it came out virtually perfect. IMG_1328.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
That looks sic, never a dull moment watching the progress!

F=MA

Reactions
Looks so much nicer than the previous cover. Looks professionally done. Great job !!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,052
Looks so much nicer than the previous cover. Looks professionally done. Great job !!
I do like this one a lot better. After steaming a heating a few spots it’s just as tight as the oem cover and to my old hands feels better with the added thickness. Starting a 4000+ mile road trip in less than 2 weeks…hopefully my hands feels better after each day of driving.

Reactions
I do like this one a lot better. After steaming a heating a few spots it’s just as tight as the oem cover and to my old hands feels better with the added thickness. Starting a 4000+ mile road trip in less than 2 weeks…hopefully my hands feels better after each day of driving.
Looks great. How does it affect the heated wheel? Just curious before adding it to my wheel.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,054
Doesn’t effect it at all.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Finally knocked out the audio so it’s on to the pile of other stuff. Dropped in the FenFab coolant tank today. I need to go hunt down a small 90° hose for the vent line and do a brushed finish on the billet cap I found…but it’s almost complete. View attachment 15962 View attachment 15963
What hose did you end up using for the vent line?

LivNLo94

Reactions
Vehicle
ST
What is holding your hood vents in place? Are they Mopar OEM parts? Link? Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What is holding your hood vents in place? Are they Mopar OEM parts? Link? Thanks
Jeep Front Left & Right Hood Air Inlet Bezel Mopar OEM
Part # 68293749AD & 68293748AD