Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,021
I’ve had bagged trucks in the past…I have no desire to add those failure points to this car especially with all the road trips it’s used for.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The final thing to finish up was closing up the cut in the underhood insulation. I don’t love it…but it’ll do until I figure something else out. ...
Maybe some sort of screen on the inside to give it that finished look? Mods look great!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,023
Maybe some sort of screen on the inside to give it that finished look? Mods look great!
I may just make a brushed aluminum panel for the hood to match the other stuff under the hood.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm working on making a template for the hood vent. Going to cut my hood this weekend.
see…within 30 minutes of me.…

Reactions
It would be nice to test the engine bay air temp before and after the vents.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,026
Finally got off my ass and installed these emblems from DC Customs. Flat black paint with brushed aluminum hydro dip. I wanted something completely different than anyone else and this is where I landed. IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0801.jpeg IMG_0802.jpeg

Now…take this next part however you like but don’t blame me if you break your car trying. It’s well known you have to take off the front of the car to get to the nuts on the emblem. Well I always believe there’s another way…so after a little studying of the grille and poking around…I got out the trim tools and started separating the gloss black insert from the rest. Along the top and bottom are standard clips and I got those apart easily. The sides have 3 small pins with metal clips on them that you can’t get off. After some more studying the way the grille goes together I broke those little studs to get the grille apart. To put it back together I obviously used the clips along the top and bottom…just snapped those right in. On both sides I used butyl rope to “glue” the outside edge down. I keep the same 3M stuff in the garage they glue windshields in with…it’ll damn sure hold a plastic grille in. So there’s the “other way” to install a front emblem.
IMG_0798.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
That looks amazing. Favorite emblem color combo.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do my eyes fail me, or did you remove the “ST” logo?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,029
Do my eyes fail me, or did you remove the “ST” logo?
Yes and no. I removed the big oem badge but I replaced it with a matte black vinyl inlay for that badge so it’s just kind of a ghost badge.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes and no. I removed the big oem badge but I replaced it with a matte black vinyl inlay for that badge so it’s just kind of a ghost badge.
Ok. I did The black vinyl on mine, but I still have the chrome surround. Yours just disappeared.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
After some more studying the way the grille goes together I broke those little studs to get the grille apart
You are very brave. I thought about doing the same many times and then decided to leave it there itself and do a cosmetic charge (Plasti dip) over OEM emblem

Needless to say, yours looks super cool. Even the white/chrome fog lamps goes ok with the silver ST. That usually sticks out with other colors.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,032
Been too hot to play lately but I have a couple things on order. First is the new Waido mid-wing for the hatch. I ordered it pre-painted which was kind of a leap of faith but we’ll see how it works out. IMG_0826.jpeg

And I liked the sight line on the Raptor wheel in my F150 and I ran across this company that makes replacement covers. No idea on quality but it was cheap enough to try. It’ll be black leather top and bottom, perforated suede sides, red leather sight line and white stitching.
IMG_0994.png

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Definitely interested to see the quality on the wheel cover!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,034
Stitchingcover.com wheel cover going on this weekend. The quality is surprisingly good for the $50 price tag and Chinese address.
IMG_1140.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,035
Finished the cover up…I’m on the fence but I’ll give it some time to grow on me. IMG_1154.jpeg IMG_1155.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
You took your wheel off to do it? Never saw that before. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,037
You took your wheel off to do it? Never saw that before. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easier to sit at my counter than sweat in my garage. It takes less than 5 minutes to get the wheel off.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The cover looks really good. Does it look as factory from the backside as it does from the frontside? How difficult is it to stitch? I think you mentioned before that you've stitched one of these before? Just wondering if a first timer would have the same results. From your photos the stitching looks factory.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #1,039
It wasn’t bad…just slow going. Everything tucks in behind trim panels just like factory on both sides of the wheel although I thought there could be some more material to tuck on the back sides of the spokes.

PAZZI

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST- Agate Black
Is that the light gray/silver or white thread?

Explorer ST Posts