Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #441
Y’all gonna give me a complex. lol

Reactions
Y’all gonna give me a complex. lol
LOL! Hey, just a thought...maybe you can add a spacer just to the right rear wheel. That way, you might not have to do the entire exhaust system over.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thats ALOT more intake noise than I have heard from anyone else's. That sounds great!

F=MA

Reactions
Haven’t done much lately but I had this on the back burner and finally got to it today. I’ve been through 4 sets of exhaust tips on this thing...I was trying like hell to like the black tips but I just couldn’t do it. Didn’t want polished or chrome either and I decided I hate the double wall tips...and rolled edge tips. I tried both styles. I settled on 4” single wall brushed stainless but the only ones I could find with a 3” inlet were $70 each so I had to get creative. I found some 2.5” inlet polished tips for $14 each...cut them for a 3” inlet then spun them on a belt sander and got exactly what I wanted. I hate crooked tips so I fit them up with a spacer and welded both sets on together. View attachment 3926 View attachment 3928 View attachment 3929 View attachment 3930
Reminds me of another exhaust tip...
340px-SSME1.jpg

Last edited:

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
I just power-read all 23 pages over the last hour, great build! Do you ever get out to the Houston Raceway?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #447
It’s on my list of things to do...just haven’t made it out yet.

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
It’s on my list of things to do...just haven’t made it out yet.
I'll be down their on Feb 27th for the Test N' Tune to get time's for my 17' SHO and to get a baseline time for the ST before I start my build.

It would be a great to see the visual difference between your ST running beside a stock ST!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #449
I'll be down their on Feb 27th for the Test N' Tune to get time's for my 17' SHO and to get a baseline time for the ST before I start my build.

It would be a great to see the visual difference between your ST running beside a stock ST!
I would be we have a family thing on the 27th. Well be down at Topwater Grille with drinks in our hands. lol

Reactions
Dude!!! Shame you're so far away.. could teach me a thing or 1,000. :) Looks great! Just ordered the magnum air filter thanks to you. completely forgot about replacing the OEM

408hatch

Reactions
Top Water Grill is a great place! We charter 6 bay boats every year for our company fishing trip and always chow down there afterwards, well except for last year, bunch of sheep in the way... Lol

Reactions
Exhaust done. Sounds great and I’ll have clips today. Zero drone but I can hear it on the highway...I think maybe that’s just how an SUV is with the tip exit just below the lift gate. I think some sound treatments in the lift gate and spare tire well will knock most of it out. View attachment 2726 View attachment 2727 View attachment 2728 View attachment 2729
Would you mind sharing how much a custom setup like this cost as compared to the $2500ish im looking at with a Downpipe back setup from say Thermal R&D/SPD? Want to get the most out of my other planned mods and think 3” all the way back is just what I need. Depends on your answer though lol

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #453
Would you mind sharing how much a custom setup like this cost as compared to the $2500ish im looking at with a Downpipe back setup from say Thermal R&D/SPD? Want to get the most out of my other planned mods and think 3” all the way back is just what I need. Depends on your answer though lol
$950 for SPD DP’s and probably $16-1800 in parts for the exhaust. I built it myself so there was no labor. If it was built by a shop I’d guess another $1000 in labor easily to MIG weld it...more to TIG it.

Reactions
Jeez Louise. I don’t have the necessary skills to assemble. Looking like Thermal R&D DP back with SPD is making the most sense for me. Going to knock out IC and tune first per ZFG recommendation. Maybe other systems will rear their heads in the meantime. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #455
Added the el cheapo pedal covers from Amazon. Actually way better quality than I expected and a perfect fit. Can’t go wrong for 25 bucks. 81CA22A2-CE78-44AD-A9C5-5D368C620BA9.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #456
Soon as my hose and fittings get here from Fore Innovations I’ll finally be adding the ethanol content sensor to my P3 Cars vent gauge. I swear that little gauge does everything. 9889B8BF-476C-4D95-BE45-EB3C7B0DB01C.jpeg 9E8D486D-C332-4611-8271-2D29C551479A.jpeg F341184F-330D-4AB7-B0E6-72053F09B591.jpeg

Bocian77

Reactions
Added the el cheapo pedal covers from Amazon. Actually way better quality than I expected and a perfect fit. Can’t go wrong for 25 bucks. View attachment 4342
Hello sir, could you send me a link for these. They look good and I can't find them here on Amazon Canada. Thanks.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #458
I don’t have a link. I just searched for 2020 Explorer pedal covers and found them.

Reactions
amazon.com under search type in 2020 Explorer ST accessories. All kind of stuff will pop up. I think only the stainless have the ST on them. Enjoy

Explorer ST Posts