Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

UNBROKEN’s Iconic Silver ST build

Bocian77

Reactions
amazon.com under search type in 2020 Explorer ST accessories. All kind of stuff will pop up. I think only the stainless have the ST on them. Enjoy
Found them! Much appreciated!

RLW

Reactions
You guys must’ve bought them all. My Amazon order says Arriving Apr 19 - May 20!

Reactions
yea the quality is pretty good for the price. its legit

oh man im dumb. I pulled the oem brake cover off and thought the gas pedal had some kind of slip on thing also so i started yanking the hell out of it but it dosent, the new cover just slides and clips on the gas pedal.

Last edited:
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #466
Main emblems are from OEM Auto Art...I had a matte black inlay in the ST emblem but it still had the chrome surround. Popped it off, pulled the red inlay out, sanded and sprayed the chrome in gloss black then put another matte black inlay in to match.
Yes, I get bored easily. B34BFFFC-F406-4210-AFD6-430C5C35E0F1.jpeg

Reactions
Main emblems are from OEM Auto Art...I had a matte black inlay in the ST emblem but it still had the chrome surround. Popped it off, pulled the red inlay out, sanded and sprayed the chrome in gloss black then put another matte black inlay in to match.
Yes, I get bored easily. View attachment 4369
How easy does the red inlay pop out?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #468
How easy does the red inlay pop out?
It’s just a thick sticker basically. I used the edge of an exacto knife to slide under it and pop it out then some acetone to clean off the glue.

Reactions
It’s just a thick sticker basically. I used the edge of an exacto knife to slide under it and pop it out then some acetone to clean off the glue.
May jump on that when I get home....looks really clean on yours

Reactions
Teaching myself how to wrap stuff. I used transparent Vvivid air release film and knifeless tape to wrap the top of the heads to hide the chrome. I think it’s too dark so I’m gonna order a lighter smoke. It’s not perfect but I like figuring things out so maybe the next shot will be better...

View attachment 2840 View attachment 2841 View attachment 2842
What side of the light did you start on? Or did you find a side that was easier?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #471
That parking garage lighting hit just right today. D15A8521-FBD4-4C06-B80C-C6AE73286F21.jpeg

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #472
What side of the light did you start on? Or did you find a side that was easier?
After I put the tape lines down I started on the biggest part then used a heat gun to help stretch it into place around the front.

Reactions
After I put the tape lines down I started on the biggest part then used a heat gun to help stretch it into place around the front.
Might be a dumb question but did you precut the vinyl before applying or place a larger piece on, stretch then trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #474
Big piece trimmed around the edges with a knife and knifeless tape for the line across the lens.

Reactions
Thx!

Reactions
So this OBDLink app is pretty sweet. Took a while to figure out how to build the gauges out and this is as close as I could get to the Sport layout but I dig it. Everything seems to work fine and it seems plenty fast. Their MX+ Bluetooth adapter to make it work was about 100 bucks.
View attachment 2007 View attachment 2008
Just picked this adapter up. Do I also need a cable to run Forscan or does this do the trick?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #477
It’s a Bluetooth adapter...you’re good to go.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Misfire on cylinder 4 after the plug swap.
So I followed normal protocol...swap coils 4 and 5...misfire stayed with 4. Pulled plug...insulator is good, plug is wet...definitely not firing.
Now get THIS shit. The sensor plugged into the hose for the PCV is the EXACT SAME PLUG and they’re right next to each other. I had them all undone to make room to work and got them flipped. Learn from my mistake if you’re swapping plugs.
View attachment 1819
What gap did you go with?