Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

turbosmart ontario, ca

Reactions
anybody here near ontario, ca? i reached out to turbosmart about a plug and play bov and they said they need a test fit vehicle.. they offered me the opportunity but i’m in new jersey.. anybody want the spot?

Reactions
direct replacement..........

TS-0223-1266

Reactions
can you link it, please?
No link . Did my research , bought it and installed in less than 30 minutes . Made for the 2020 Ecoboost Mustang . Looked like it would fit so i tried it .

TURBOSMART TS-0223-1266

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
you’re the man.. purchasing now

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
i found it, thank you.. did you get the plumb back or the dual port?

Reactions
I did the duel port. It was pain just to install. @turntablekinetix don’t know if you got it installed yet or not but it was a perfect fit. See attached photo’s.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
I did the duel port. It was pain just to install. @turntablekinetix don’t know if you got it installed yet or not but it was a perfect fit. See attached photo’s.
SleeperST by chance do you have a video/sound clip of your dual port in action?

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
i completely forgot about this.. i think i have the box here somewhere.. haven’t even thought about it.. why was it so difficult? i installed the boomba spacer (which will be for sale if anyone is interested) a while back and it wasn’t hard.. did you remove the air box? also waiting to hear a sound clip of plumb back vs dual port.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
i think i might wait to order the intercooler and do both the same day.. but please both guys with the vr2’s, post some vids or sound clips

Reactions
@turntablekinetix I had to move the Air Box to make it easier to get to. The only thing is the BOV wasn’t strait down to bolt on like the stock one was so I had to use a wrench and tight it little by little with the little bit of room I had to work with. (Also make sure you buy a magnetic wand just in case you drop a bolt.) I’ll make a sound clip tomorrow. Just need to remember to turn on the sound on my dashcam. But I will say this it not as annoying as my EVO.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
i will try to post a video or sound clip of the boomba for comparison.. it’s actually really loud.. might be because i’m running a 93 performance tune.. i believe it’s around 18 psi.. anybody know what the stock psi might be?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Will post one tomorrow. Sorry I thought I tagged you in my last post.
No worries, appreciate it and looking forward to hearing it...

Reactions
@turntablekinetix I had to move the Air Box to make it easier to get to. The only thing is the BOV wasn’t strait down to bolt on like the stock one was so I had to use a wrench and tight it little by little with the little bit of room I had to work with. (Also make sure you buy a magnetic wand just in case you drop a bolt.) I’ll make a sound clip tomorrow. Just need to remember to turn on the sound on my dashcam. But I will say this it not as annoying as my EVO.
Was the hardest part getting to the underside bolt for the BOV ? or the rest of the stuff for the dual port ?

Just asking cuz i did the plumb back and found it pretty easy....but of course i'm a little guy so little hands make this job pretty quick and painless