Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

turbosmart ontario, ca

Reactions
Was the hardest part getting to the underside bolt for the BOV ? or the rest of the stuff for the dual port ?

Just asking cuz i did the plumb back and found it pretty easy....but of course i'm a little guy so little hands make this job pretty quick and painless
Got big hands.

Sorry for the delay the wife had me doing yard work as soon as I got in. See vid for dual port @BAD430BENZ @turntablekinetix @GDubzFL

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Reactions
I can hear mine when just in regular drive mode . Of course i have to get on it and then let off .

Reactions
I can hear mine when just in regular drive mode . Of course i have to get on it and then let off .
Same. I wonder where the air is getting release on the plumb back. Never looked into deep into it.

Reactions
Same. I wonder where the air is getting release on the plumb back. Never looked into deep into it.
I just figured for real "plug and play" , i would go with the plumb back . I never looked into the dual port because i didn't have experience installing one and i didn't want to start having to cut or modify things but seems like it was pretty straight forward as the plumb back....just adding a couple of steps .

Reactions
I just figured for real "plug and play" , i would go with the plumb back . I never looked into the dual port because i didn't have experience installing one and i didn't want to start having to cut or modify things but seems like it was pretty straight forward as the plumb back....just adding a couple of steps .
Only difference I found was dual port was vented and plumb back wasn’t. Same steps to install which made it the perfect plug and play BOV.

Reactions
Only difference I found was dual port was vented and plumb back wasn’t. Same steps to install which made it the perfect plug and play BOV.
Then i wonder what the actual difference is since mine sounds 100% identical to yours ?

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
if i’m not mistaken, i may have read that the dual port can be vented fully instead of half vented and half plumbed back.. i don’t know.. i gotta look it up again.. i gotta find my box

Reactions
if i’m not mistaken, i may have read that the dual port can be vented fully instead of half vented and half plumbed back.. i don’t know.. i gotta look it up again.. i gotta find my box
Your right. Just watched a vid on plumbed back VS dual port. But in the vid the plumbed back was a lot quieter thou.

Reactions
I wonder if Turbosmart or someone can make a video of both plumb back and dual port to see the actual difference . There are so many factors between 2 different peoples videos that it's hard to make out the differences .

......maybe i will convince myself to be the guinea pig :)

Reactions
I wonder if Turbosmart or someone can make a video of both plumb back and dual port to see the actual difference . There are so many factors between 2 different peoples videos that it's hard to make out the differences .

......maybe i will convince myself to be the guinea pig :)

this is the vid that sold me on the dual port.

Reactions
So i just received my Dual Port yesterday and will be installing it this weekend . I will reply back on the difference in sound quality between the 2 .

Reactions
so this is the thread that brought me to this forum. i have a couple of questions:

If i were to install this valve,
is it just a plug and play install?
or do i need to tune for changes to the turbo system?
what effects does it have on the engine performance wise?
could it hurt the engine system in anyway?
also, how many are there on the ST? ive found one, but cant seem to locate another.. is there only 1?

sorry i know they sound like idiot questions, but i dont know a whole lot about turbo engines. ive always been a N/A engine guy.

Reactions
so this is the thread that brought me to this forum. i have a couple of questions:

If i were to install this valve,
is it just a plug and play install?
or do i need to tune for changes to the turbo system?
what effects does it have on the engine performance wise?
could it hurt the engine system in anyway?
also, how many are there on the ST? ive found one, but cant seem to locate another.. is there only 1?

sorry i know they sound like idiot questions, but i dont know a whole lot about turbo engines. ive always been a N/A engine guy.
It is just plug and play . Took me about 30 minutes from breakdown to driving again .
No tune needed for this mod .
It is only a better built unit than OEM but will not increase power .
It will never hurt the motor .
I think there are only a few of us that have replaced the BOV . I am actually going to try another one this weekend so i will be selling one of mine . Let me know if you are interested and i will make you a hell of a deal !

Reactions
It is just plug and play . Took me about 30 minutes from breakdown to driving again .
No tune needed for this mod .
It is only a better built unit than OEM but will not increase power .
It will never hurt the motor .
I think there are only a few of us that have replaced the BOV . I am actually going to try another one this weekend so i will be selling one of mine . Let me know if you are interested and i will make you a hell of a deal !
What unit do you have? The dual or plumb back?
In terms of performance, I know it won’t make it more powerful, but will it cause flutter or drop in significant intake volume to cause delay in re-acceleration?
I want more sound mainly.

Reactions
What unit do you have? The dual or plumb back?
In terms of performance, I know it won’t make it more powerful, but will it cause flutter or drop in significant intake volume to cause delay in re-acceleration?
I want more sound mainly.
As an automatic , you aren't going to get the super loud "psssh" sound during regular driving . I am going to install it this weekend and make a sample video between the 2 sounds . I can tell you that if i get on the throttle and let off , it does make the "psssh" noise , even as a plumb back . Let me make the video this weekend and i will give you first shot at the one i have now....if you are still interested . I will sell it to you for $125.00 shipped .

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #40
that’s a hell of a deal.. i think i’m gonna give up my boomba spacer for 50 bucks as soon as i get around to installing the turbosmart