Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission slippage?

Reactions

This is what happened to me on the way to the dealer this morning. As I try to over take it revs and u hear metal clanging and the car just coasts as if it went into neutral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That metal clanging is not good. Don't know what that is. Doesn't really sound like it's reving up during that but maybe you instinctively let off the throttle?

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That metal clanging is not good. Don't know what that is. Doesn't really sound like it's reving up during that but maybe you instinctively let off the throttle?
As soon as I heard and felt the lag I let go of the throttle immediately!

Reactions
Any update on the problem? Been going through something similar for a year now…I just posted in another thread about this!

OP
Yungty718
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Any update on the problem? Been going through something similar for a year now…I just posted in another thread about this!
Sorry so yes the dealer performed an update to a module and so far nothing. But I will see I have a few road trips coming up and will get on it