Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Something very strange…

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
So, I just got off the phone with Ford customer service and during the verification process where they ask for my information to make sure they have the correct account, they somehow had the email address to my father who’s never had a Ford vehicle before. I have absolutely no idea how they could’ve acquired his email address instead of mine. He wasn’t with me when I placed the order for the vehicle either so they shouldn’t have any of his information on file. We have the same name but live in two different states. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening before? They did have my correct physical address on file. I had them delete his email address and add mine afterwards.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Lowes. I get emails all the time for a guy that purchased stuff in north Alabama
I live in nort east texas
We found he has my old cell number from 2005 ...??? When lowes does updates. Sure enough I start getting his receipts again.
I would imagine somewhere your last name drove or drives the screw ups
Do you share same initials and did you ever live where he does now?
In this age of Google, etc . The electrons take the path of least resistance and screw ups happen
I would send dad the bill to ....mess with him

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Lowes. I get emails all the time for a guy that purchased stuff in north Alabama
I live in nort east texas
We found he has my old cell number from 2005 ...??? When lowes does updates. Sure enough I start getting his receipts again.
I would imagine somewhere your last name drove or drives the screw ups
Do you share same initials and did you ever live where he does now?
In this age of Google, etc . The electrons take the path of least resistance and screw ups happen
I would send dad the bill to ....mess with him
Yes, we did have the same address for a while. I was wondering if they might’ve performed some sort of background check that pulled his info instead of mine…I have no idea how else this could’ve happened.

Explorer ST Posts