Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Still the same pressure. Take a picture of your tire sidewall and tell us what it says about the various vehicles the tire will fit. Look closely, we'll wait.
Wait for what? you guys are acting like anything I said is wrong you have your way and I have mine prove me wrong Ill wait LMAO

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Still the same pressure. Take a picture of your tire sidewall and tell us what it says about the various vehicles the tire will fit. Look closely, we'll wait.
What if I have a DR on there?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
You ran over a Doctor. If if was "BR", that's Junior Samples' used car lot (BR-549). Could also be "Do Not Resuscitate".

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Your assuming a lot here and exactly why I say look at the tire
I don't know that I'm assuming all that much. I'd have to guess that the majority of people who replace their tires do so with the OE size/specs (not brand tire).

I had looked at the website and it said 50lbs max. 36 is fine no matter what anyone says!
Which website? You won't get either the tire manufacturers or the vehicle manufacturers to tell you that 50 lbs. PSI has any real bearing on what you should be running on your Exploder. In fact, tire manufacturers tell you to run what the vehicle manufacturer recommends, and in this case, the question with Ford has already been asked and answered.

If it happened to be Pirrelli's website this is their recommendation:

The recommended tire pressure is the pressure established by the manufacturer of your car as the optimal air pressure for your tires. Running your tires at the correct pressure is important because it keeps you safe, cuts down your gas bill, and makes your tires last longer. Each vehicle has its own specifications for tire pressure, but most fall between 28 and 36 PSI (pounds per square inch).
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. I've learned nothing here that I didn't already know. There are people that will give you information that you can take to the bank or those that will share what gives them the warm and fuzzies. Admittedly, I'm an old dog.

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@MikeHTally @GearHead_1 Your not going to get any where here guys. I gave up because trying to teach some one with no basic car maintenance understanding is a waste of time. My 2 cents.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I had looked at the website and it said 50lbs max. 36 is fine no matter what anyone says!
Yeah, no intention of teaching anyone anything. I know better, just leaving info. In some respects, I agree with @Rocketw19 completely. You can do whatever you want with your vehicle. Heck, I change the oil at 3500-mile intervals after an appropriate break-in. Nobody could tell me I'm not doing the right thing. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
@MikeHTally @GearHead_1 Your not going to get any where here guys. I gave up because trying to teach some one with no basic car maintenance understanding is a waste of time. My 2 cents.
The problem with that lack of understanding is someone less informed might believe it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You ran over a Doctor. If if was "BR", that's Junior Samples' used car lot (BR-549). Could also be "Do Not Resuscitate".
lol I should of figured you would know what a drag radial is.
check it out you can buy a ST and maybe someone changes the wheels and tires to who know what but they did and now it’s not if factory specks. You might not know that the wheels and or tires were swapped so the door is wrong ill even say a small chance but still a chance it’s wrong
If you look at the tire you won’t be wrong

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The problem with that lack of understanding is someone less informed might believe it.
Lack of what understanding ? Looking at the tire is wrong? Yea right

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
...If you look at the tire you won’t be wrong
Look at the tire for what, the Max. PSI?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Re-read GearHead I never said to run 50lbs I said the website states that 50lbs was max
I run 38 and always said nothing is wrong with 36. The. You have people throwing in alignment and this and that off topic shit.
I run 38lbs and told OP 36 is fine.
Not one of you can prove me wrong.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Look at the tire for what, the Max. PSI?
Yes you’ll know max PSI and can adjust from there. If it says 50 I know I’m fine at 38.
If it says 20 I can’t run 33

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes to who ever says loooking at the tire is wrong. That’s what this whole mess its well that and people saying 36 is wrong for OP

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I agree Mike. But I don't see how any one can be less informed. He must have took to many head blows as a wrestler.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah, no intention of teaching anyone anything. I know better, just leaving info. In some respects, I agree with @Rocketw19 completely. You can do whatever you want with your vehicle. Heck, I change the oil at 3500-mile intervals after an appropriate break-in. Nobody could tell me I'm not doing the right thing. :cool:
What wrong dale not everyone is a high school little girl?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah, no intention of teaching anyone anything. I know better, just leaving info. In some respects, I agree with @Rocketw19Heck, I change the oil at 3500-mile intervals after an appropriate break-in. Nobody could tell me I'm not doing the right thing. :cool:
Lol you change oil at 3500 miles and say I’m wrong for running 38lbs or telling OP 36 is fine?
it’s the exact same thing the book or door sticker is a recommendation that’s it. Your not wrong for changing oil at 3500. I can lecture you all day that the book says different but am I right? Same applies to tire pressure.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I agree Mike. But I don't see how any one can be less informed. He must have took to many head blows as a wrestler.
Less informed about what exactly?
lol I have a fan how cute.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm fine. You are not, Such a clown. Did you even graduate from kindergarten?
I’m not into men but for you I’d make an exception and gladly ksodimize you.

Status
Not open for further replies.