Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D exhaust *NOW AVAILABLE*

Reactions
the exhaust on the explorer is easy to replace regardless of the brand - downpipes are a little bit of a different story
if you go with the Thermal or Magnaflow + SPD downpipes you'll have a new full system from the turbos back if that's what you're asking
otherwise with the Borla or Corsa systems you'll have new downpipes linked to puny stock mid pipes
I meant do the downpipes marry up with Thermal relatively easy?

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #122
I meant do the downpipes marry up with Thermal relatively easy?
yes it's designed for OEM downpipe fitment
SPD downpipes are factory fit to at the mid pipe connection as well so the Thermal mid pipes work with OEM or aftermarket downpipes

Reactions
Super hard to judge with all the cell phone vids people do but at first glance I like the Thermal better. Thermal is also 304 stainless where MF is 409...that could be a factor for our more northern friends. I’ve also read a few posts on FB about the MF having a pretty decent drone with it. I figured they tuned that out with the Helmholtz chamber but maybe not?
Sorry I’m in not that literate in the terms of 304/409 but I’m guessing the 304 is better in states that deal with snow and road salt / vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #124
Sorry I’m in not that literate in the terms of 304/409 but I’m guessing the 304 is better in states that deal with snow and road salt / vice versa?

correct
long term the 304 grade stainless will remain in better condition

Reactions

304 has nearly double the chromium and 20x the amount of nickel than 409. 304 will last much longer without rusting. 304 is non magnetic, so in theory, its less prone to attracting iron particles floating around in the atmosphere.
with that, material cost increases......

Reactions
Ah ok thank you for the clarification!

10 Gauge

Reactions
Does anyone have a sound clip of the full Thermal system including mids with SPD catted downpipes?