Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D exhaust *NOW AVAILABLE*

Reactions
I'm in a business where I rely on supplier pricing to provide info to clients. Sometimes that pricing changes and I have to modify my estimates. It happens and we deal with it and move on. Buy it or don’t, I don’t have a dog in this hunt and don’t care either way. Just giving some insight on how things shake out sometimes.
exactly
regarding price:
if Corsa or Borla were a full system like Thermal their pricing would be $400-600 more than their current systems w/o mid pipes
We are offering the Thermal w/o mid pipes too which will be $300 less than the full kit price. I'll have that system up on the site later this morning.
When the Thermal system was on paper and the comment "cheaper" was made, Magnaflow was not priced or available. Large companies like Magnaflow whore out the market, it's been that way since I've been a car guy. Thermal is not a large company like Magnaflow and simply does not price their systems to complete with the Amazon or eBay of exhausts. Their price is based on materials, labor costs, and shipping.

When the Thermal kit for the Fiesta was released the same comments were made. Once the Thermal kits were being installed, and used in various configurations it quickly became our number 1 selling exhaust and remains that way to this day years later.
Are you high? They are all cat back systems, the only difference is you have to include the flex pipes due to diameter differences which you should have known before spouting off about thermal going to be way cheaper. All you had to do was admit you were wrong on pricing and that you need with the magnaflow price to make your system seem better priced. But you didn’t, you lied and tried to cover it up.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Are you high? They are all cat back systems, the only difference is you have to include the flex pipes due to diameter differences which you should have known before spouting off about thermal going to be way cheaper. All you had to do was admit you were wrong on pricing and that you need with the magnaflow price to make your system seem better priced. But you didn’t, you lied and tried to cover it up.
Actually are you high? They are most definitely NOT all true cat-back systems. Borla and Corsa are mid-pipe back systems retaining the oem 2.25” mid-pipes. Magnaflow and Thermal are true cat-back systems that replace the oem mid-pipes with 2.5” piping....and it’s optional on the Thermal system to get the mid-pipes.
At current advertised pricing, the Thermal kit is less than Magnaflow if you’re looking for a true cat-back system.

Reactions
Actually are you high? They are most definitely NOT all true cat-back systems. Borla and Corsa are mid-pipe back systems retaining the oem 2.25” mid-pipes. Magnaflow and Thermal are true cat-back systems that replace the oem mid-pipes with 2.5” piping....and it’s optional on the Thermal system to get the mid-pipes.
My point exactly, the mids ONLY need to be replaced due to diameter size and the magnaflow that includes them is still cheaper. You seem weirdly defensive for Ron, even though I have clearly presented true and verifiable facts. Also, you don’t have shit to say about the fact he changed his magnaflow price when he listed this to make his exhaust seem like a value.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You found a Magnaflow kit for less than MAP. Good for you. At MAP pricing the Thermal kit is cheaper.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You are really slow...
How so? If your vendor is selling below Magnaflows map pricing they are breaking their vendor agreement. Yes, it saved you a few bucks but if you want to talk about ethics maybe look to your vendors business practices as well.
At this point you just sound like a petulant child that didn’t get his way and is throwing a temper tantrum.

Reactions
How so? If your vendor is selling below Magnaflows map pricing they are breaking their vendor agreement. Yes, it saved you a few bucks but if you want to talk about ethics maybe look to your vendors business practices as well.
At this point you just sound like a petulant child that didn’t get his way and is throwing a temper tantrum.
Still very slow, you can offer prices to members, it just can’t be public. You obviously don’t know anything about business. Once you log into a member site you can sell before MAP cause YOU AREN’T ADVERTISING IT.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Still very slow, you can offer prices to members, it just can’t be public. You obviously don’t know anything about business. Once you log into a member site you can sell before MAP cause YOU AREN’T ADVERTISING IT.
It’s a shady practice no matter how you sugar coat it.
what’s your goal here anyway?

Reactions
It’s a shady practice no matter how you sugar coat it.
what’s your goal here anyway?
What is your goal? You jumped in and it didn’t involve you. Stop acting like you are a big deal.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What is your goal? You jumped in and it didn’t involve you. Stop acting like you are a big deal.
I’m not acting like anything. I’m just enjoying your melt down temper tantrum.

Reactions
Besides all the pissing contest which system sound the best Magnaflow or Thermal ???

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Besides all the pissing contest which system sound the best Magnaflow or Thermal ???
Super hard to judge with all the cell phone vids people do but at first glance I like the Thermal better. Thermal is also 304 stainless where MF is 409...that could be a factor for our more northern friends. I’ve also read a few posts on FB about the MF having a pretty decent drone with it. I figured they tuned that out with the Helmholtz chamber but maybe not?

Reactions
Super hard to judge with all the cell phone vids people do but at first glance I like the Thermal better. Thermal is also 304 stainless where MF is 409...that could be a factor for our more northern friends. I’ve also read a few posts on FB about the MF having a pretty decent drone with it. I figured they tuned that out with the Helmholtz chamber but maybe not?
Being in MI I agree with the 304 statement and based on the very limited clips I've heard of both I agree Thermal sounds a bit better to my ears but exhaust sound is incredibly subjective and as we know - you can never truly understand what an exhaust sounds like online - has to be in person. Always a gamble to some extent if you can't hear for yourself.

Reactions
I was posting about the difference in steel on the Facebook post. It's kind of surprising that people don't take that into account since 304 steel is significantly better and also more expensive.

Reactions
i think the TRD sounds better.

someone mentioned drone a couple of posts after yours. the TRD has no drone what so ever. even towing with a 75-80% load behind it, it just growls. it doesnt have that ear numbing hum known as drone.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe this is a stupid question but does anyone know how long the pre-order pricing will be in play for?

Honestly this pricing does not seem that bad to me. I bought a Roush exhaust for my F-150 in 2007 that I paid almost this much for!

Reactions
Maybe this is a stupid question but does anyone know how long the pre-order pricing will be in play for?

Honestly this pricing does not seem that bad to me. I bought a Roush exhaust for my F-150 in 2007 that I paid almost this much for!

Attachments

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #118
all options are now available on the site
exhaust (no mid pipes)
downpipe back (includes midpipes)
mid pipes alone

let us know if there are any questions

Attachments

Reactions
all options are now available on the site
exhaust (no mid pipes)
downpipe back (includes midpipes)
mid pipes alone

let us know if there are any questions
Instead of whining, can I ask a serious question? The the next Thermal exhaust, is it easier to install the downpipes? Looking to get both and drop them off. I got the intercooler and catch can already. Haven’t installed the intercooler yet, waiting on downpipes and exhaust then dropping it off for a full day of work.

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #120
Instead of whining, can I ask a serious question? The the next Thermal exhaust, is it easier to install the downpipes? Looking to get both and drop them off. I got the intercooler and catch can already. Haven’t installed the intercooler yet, waiting on downpipes and exhaust then dropping it off for a full day of work.
the exhaust on the explorer is easy to replace regardless of the brand - downpipes are a little bit of a different story
if you go with the Thermal or Magnaflow + SPD downpipes you'll have a new full system from the turbos back if that's what you're asking
otherwise with the Borla or Corsa systems you'll have new downpipes linked to puny stock mid pipes