Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D exhaust *NOW AVAILABLE*

Reactions
Oh well........ ‍
Yep, either custom or magnaflow.. too bad he couldn’t even put out an update after everyone was waiting once the “promised time frame” passed..

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
It is a holiday.. people have lives to live.. I’m sure they’ll get around to it soon enough

Reactions
I know everyone's been excitedly waiting for this to drop... Glad people will be finally able to order it.
However, as I am a bit lacking on exhaust experience. I must ask, what sets this apart from the Magnaflow or the Borla set up (pipe size?)

Reactions
What happened to “significantly cheaper than other systems”? Besides the carbon fiber borla it’s the most expensive system available.

LokiWolf

Reactions
What happened to “significantly cheaper than other systems”? Besides the carbon fiber borla it’s the most expensive system available.
This right here. The sale price is barely cheaper than the Corsa!!!

SO CONFUSED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Reactions
Reactions
Seriously?!? All this hype and waiting, and it is more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It won’t sell, they pretty much all sound the same besides a custom setup so people will go with whatever is cheaper. He knew it was the same as the magnaflow, it’s why he raised the price on his website of the magnaflow to be more than the “intro” price of this one.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’d say it’s comparable with Magnaflow on price and those 2 are the only kits offering bigger piping all the way to the downpipes. Corsa is 2.5” but retains the oem 2.25” midpipes and Borla is 2.25” piping. If you compare what you get with the others...it’s in line.

Reactions
I’d say it’s comparable with Magnaflow on price and those 2 are the only kits offering bigger piping all the way to the downpipes. Corsa is 2.5” but retains the oem 2.25” midpipes and Borla is 2.25” piping. If you compare what you get with the others...it’s in line.
Magnaflow is cheaper, and Ron promoted it would be way cheaper than other systems and it’s not.

Reactions
He also went through all his FB post deleting previous comments and also being called out on price and pricing fixing on his site.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Magnaflow is cheaper, and Ron promoted it would be way cheaper than other systems and it’s not.
I get that but Ron is also at the mercy of Thermal R&D. I’m sure he was working with the information he had at the time. I’m not gonna beat him up for it...business is what it is and he can’t lose money on them.

Reactions
I get that but Ron is also at the mercy of Thermal R&D. I’m sure he was working with the information he had at the time. I’m not gonna beat him up for it...business is what it is and he can’t lose money on them.
Then don’t make statements and promises, you know the risk. Then to try and hide his shady actions is worse, he got called out then scrubbed all the comments from his post and blocked people.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Then don’t make statements and promises, you know the risk. Then to try and hide his shady actions is worse, he got called out then scrubbed all the comments from his post and blocked people.
I'm in a business where I rely on supplier pricing to provide info to clients. Sometimes that pricing changes and I have to modify my estimates. It happens and we deal with it and move on. Buy it or don’t, I don’t have a dog in this hunt and don’t care either way. Just giving some insight on how things shake out sometimes.

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #96
exactly
regarding price:
if Corsa or Borla were a full system like Thermal their pricing would be $400-600 more than their current systems w/o mid pipes
We are offering the Thermal w/o mid pipes too which will be $300 less than the full kit price. I'll have that system up on the site later this morning.
When the Thermal system was on paper and the comment "cheaper" was made, Magnaflow was not priced or available. Large companies like Magnaflow whore out the market, it's been that way since I've been a car guy. Thermal is not a large company like Magnaflow and simply does not price their systems to complete with the Amazon or eBay of exhausts. Their price is based on materials, labor costs, and shipping.

When the Thermal kit for the Fiesta was released the same comments were made. Once the Thermal kits were being installed, and used in various configurations it quickly became our number 1 selling exhaust and remains that way to this day years later.

OP
ron@whooshmotorsports
Reactions
Thread Starter #97
you're incorrect, I have not deleted or modified a single comment on Facebook
read your comments here again to yourself, then ask yourself why you can't see anything I post on Facebook anymore

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
read your comments here again to yourself, then ask yourself why you can't see anything I post on Facebook anymore
I'm trying to find comments from @kpkimmel1983 that made him "block worthy". Am I missing something?

Reactions
I'm trying to find comments from @kpkimmel1983 that made him "block worthy". Am I missing something?
He blocked me cause I called him out for failing to meet pricing and also raising the price on the magnaflow to try and make is system seem better priced. He got butthurt and blocked me even though others agreed he is being shady and his system is priced too high and that he over promised and under delivered.

Reactions
My comments are 100% true, you can view archived webpages on your price right before you put this up around 3am. You got caught lying and being shady.