Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Thermal R&D cat back exhaust PREMIER!

KozzyJr

Reactions
Oh boy. It’s a hard sell, i like the sounds of both this and the Borla. ahhh hard to make a choice.

Reactions
Oh boy. It’s a hard sell, i like the sounds of both this and the Borla. ahhh hard to make a choice.
Borla has OEM pipe size of 2.25" and does NOT include mid pipes
Thermal is 2.5" from the downpipe back

Rammer

Reactions
Does anyone in the Toronto, Ontario area have the Thermal setup? I would love to hear it in person before making a decision on which exhaust system to purchase

Reactions
Does anyone in the Toronto, Ontario area have the Thermal setup? I would love to hear it in person before making a decision on which exhaust system to purchase
Nope but I have the Borla Atak with mid resonator delete (X pipe replacing it). Quite loud.

Reactions
sorry no, we've actually removed the polished tip option too
the only options now are "with mid pipes" or "without mid pipes"
all black tips
Is the polished tip going to come back or have they moved to all black tips? I'm still not sure which one I want, I always like that little bit of shine out the back that the polished tips provide.

Also, does anyone have a sound clip without the mid pipes? It seems most are going with it but just curious for arguments sake.

Reactions
Is the polished tip going to come back or have they moved to all black tips? I'm still not sure which one I want, I always like that little bit of shine out the back that the polished tips provide.

Also, does anyone have a sound clip without the mid pipes? It seems most are going with it but just curious for arguments sake.
If you really want polsihed please contact me directly, we can make it happen
as for the sound, it won't be much if any different with the midpipes added vs OEM mids

Reactions
I think the biggest reason to get the Thermal mid pipes, aside from the larger diameter, is the higher quality flex sections. My OEM flex sections rattle pretty bad, and Ford’s fix is a band clamp that may or may not work. Do it……do it.

Reactions
Great thanks Ron, good to know that the polished could happen and that with the mids there won’t be a dramatic sound difference. Definitely worth it to avoid rattling issues, that would drive me bonkers.

Still waiting for my ST to arrive and will probably just drive it for a few months before actually buying the exhaust but that could always change lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You can make the polished tips happen?? I’m interested.
If you really want polsihed please contact me directly, we can make it happen
as for the sound, it won't be much if any different with the midpipes added vs OEM mids

Reactions
You can make the polished tips happen?? I’m interested.
yes
you can place an order on the site, then add a note in the cart page for polished tips
let me know if you need anything additonal from us

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
yes
you can place an order on the site, then add a note in the cart page for polished tips
let me know if you need anything additonal from us
Thanks Ron. I just placed the order with the polished tips requested in the notes like you mentioned.