Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Thermal R&D cat back exhaust PREMIER!

Reactions
Thermal R&D exhausts for your 2020-2022 Explorer ST are in stock now with options! Mid pipe back or true downpipe back exhaust versions available with Polished or Black coated tips!
The Thermal downpipe back exhaust replaces the stock noisy mid pipes with 2.5" tubing and proper flex sections. The rest of the system continues with 2.5" to the tips proving just enough rumble to make your ST sound mean yet won't cause drone in the interior.
link to product : https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/.../thermal-r-d...

Thermal R&D.png

Reactions
I just had my Thermal dp back installed and am loving the sound so far, albeit I haven't driven much it at least has a sound now! However the installer said that he couldn't center the passenger side tips in the bumper cutout, see attached picture. It slightly off to the right which will drive my OCD crazy!

Any ideas as to how I can center it?

Attachments

Reactions
I just had my Thermal dp back installed and am loving the sound so far, albeit I haven't driven much it at least has a sound now! However the installer said that he couldn't center the passenger side tips in the bumper cutout, see attached picture. It slightly off to the right which will drive my OCD crazy!

They usually heat and bend at certain points....this can be at time consuming process. Basically bend a tiny amount , test fitment and repeat if needed. That looks to be off by a lot though, which your right would drive me crazy. Also hard to tell from the pic but that looks very close to the plastic....on a hot summer day and the exhaust temp you may get some plastic deformation.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How are those tips secured? It almost looks like the tips themselves aren't centered over the muffler outlet pipes.

Reactions
I think they're just held on with clamps, that was going to be my first look but assumed the guy already tried to adjust them accordingly. Plus it's raining here

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, from the pics of the Thermal, it looks like they tips cannot be adjusted. Only the attachment at the muffler end forward or back.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

Mine are pretty much dead center. Get under the car, loosen the clamps behind the rear cans, and push toward the back of the car. It should pivot some on the rear hanger. Just fiddle a bit and you'll get it.

Reactions
Mine are pretty much dead center. Get under the car, loosen the clamps behind the rear cans, and push toward the back of the car. It should pivot some on the rear hanger. Just fiddle a bit and you'll get it.
Perfect thanks for the guidance, I'll give it a whirl.

Reactions
There's not a lot of straight piping in this system, so there's lots of opportunity for adjustment.
Good to know as well, tx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts