Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Strut tower brace

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The Steeda one is pretty nice! Much sturdier than the stock one.
Thanks for the review and pic. You pushed me over the edge. The sale price and free shipping never hurt, either.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
My Steeda bar is not straight. A bit disappointing. I emailed them and was told to just bolt it down..... wtf. Im pretty upset that they won't own up to their manufacturing defect. Angles are wrong. Front and back Bars are not even (the bend dont line up) causing extra twist....

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That doesn't even look like the bends are in the right spots... maybe for a different vehicle? Do the mounting holes line up? I mean, maybe they made a revision to their design but why? Look at other pics of the Steeda. Yours is not the same.

Edit: looking at your other pic in another thread, it does seem like the bolts line up. I have to believe they changed the design, maybe for more clearance from the engine? Maybe for ease of manufacture?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
I agree. The bends are further out, and not even. But they are letting me return it. So that is good. After i get credited back i will order the afe one. Does anyone else make one? Steeda and afe is what I've found.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
FenFab has a couple of options as well. They’re all just for looks so pick the one you like the best and go with it.