Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stock Speakers.

Reactions
I replaced my not so "powerful" 6 speaker system with polk components up front, rockford 2 ways in the rear doors, Kicker CompRT 10" shallow-mount sub and a kicker 5 channel amp. The sub & amp combo fit perfectly in the center trunk storage box thing hah so you can't see anything.

It sounds great now, I do wish I went with Focal upfront and will probably swap later on down the line. I'm no audiophile and didn't want to spend 20k lol, but its night and day difference now compared to the "powerful" 6 speaker system that it came with.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I replaced my not so "powerful" 6 speaker system with polk components up front, rockford 2 ways in the rear doors, Kicker CompRT 10" shallow-mount sub and a kicker 5 channel amp. The sub & amp combo fit perfectly in the center trunk storage box thing hah so you can't see anything.

It sounds great now, I do wish I went with Focal upfront and will probably swap later on down the line. I'm no audiophile and didn't want to spend 20k lol, but its night and day difference now compared to the "powerful" 6 speaker system that it came with.
Does the amp run the door speaker? If so, What harness did you use to tie into the stock unit?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

If you think the ST's base sound system is "not so" powerful, then you should've heard the base sound system that came in my Taurus SHO.

Literally night and day.

The SHO's was definitely a "not so" powerful audio system, the ST's shames it in every way.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Boy I wish I had your ears! Would have saved me a ton of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Boy I wish I had your ears! ...
Make me an offer.;)

Though I must warn you, trying to get the SHO's sound system just right (was never able to) I had blown my right ear drum. Took 3 months for it to heal.

So there might be a discount involved.:whistle:

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Make me an offer.;)

Though I must warn you, trying to get the SHO's sound system just right (was never able to) I had blown my right ear drum. Took 3 months for it to heal.

So there might be a discount involved.:whistle:
1994 SHO ??

Attachments

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Add 20 years ...

1.jpg

Was that the one with the Yamaha motor? ... Thing was pretty fast for the day.
The original SHO was fast for it's time ...

tau.jpg

But my 100% bone stock '14 was faster, about the same as the Explorer ST ...

Untitled1.jpg

rhite95

Reactions
Replace the 6 factory speaker with Focal Inside. The speaker are a direct replacement.
Used Hushmat inside and around the speaker and door panel.
Really happy with the new speaker.

Front Speaker Focal Inside IS FORD 690
Rear Speaker Focal Inside IC FORD 165

My cat was a big helper too.
I have been thinking about going with this same setup. Do you have the B&O system?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have been thinking about going with this same setup. Do you have the B&O system?
No, I have the Stock 6 speaker system.

Reactions

I did this same upgrade and we have the B&O system, you are own your own for mid range replacements but the tweeters and woofers alone are night and day difference.

Reactions
Vehicle
(2) 2021 Explorer ST (White & Carbonized Grey)
I did this same upgrade and we have the B&O system, you are own your own for mid range replacements but the tweeters and woofers alone are night and day difference.
Crutchfield says these don't fit the B&O system, did you have to do anything special to make it work?

Reactions
Vehicle
(2) 2021 Explorer ST (White & Carbonized Grey)

rhite95

Reactions
Thank you !!

Panther88

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Timberline
Replace the 6 factory speaker with Focal Inside. The speaker are a direct replacement.
Used Hushmat inside and around the speaker and door panel.
Really happy with the new speaker.

Front Speaker Focal Inside IS FORD 690
Rear Speaker Focal Inside IC FORD 165

My cat was a big helper too.
Any tips on applying the hushmat material? How much is needed for all 4 doors?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Panther88

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Timberline

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Don’t buy Hushmat…the CLD barely does anything and the damping pads do nothing…it’s physically impossible for a pad that thin to do anything.
Look at Resonix for the highest quality sound deadening products on the market.