Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stock Speakers.

RAS1

Reactions
You audiophiles put me to shame.

I've got the base ST sound system and I think it sounds pretty darn good. haha
Does it still sound good to you, my ST arrives in a couple weeks and has the six speaker set up. I did not want the bigger screen. I have not heard the system yet and was wondering how to upgrade if I didn't like it?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I mean no offense nor do I wish to disappoint but they don't sound all that great with 14 speakers.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I mean no offense nor do I wish to disappoint but they don't sound all that great with 14 speakers.
Agree. For a top of the line system they charge nicely for it is a disappointment. Sound quality is decent but volume very lacking IMO. Cranked at full and my wife doesn't even complain :LOL:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Does it still sound good to you, my ST arrives in a couple weeks and has the six speaker set up. I did not want the bigger screen. I have not heard the system yet and was wondering how to upgrade if I didn't like it?
Still sounds great to me! I also didn't want the vertical screen, and will not be upgrading my powerful base sound system (see FORD's description below).

powerful sound system.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Reactions
Replace the 6 factory speaker with Focal Inside. The speaker are a direct replacement.
Used Hushmat inside and around the speaker and door panel.
Really happy with the new speaker.

Front Speaker Focal Inside IS FORD 690
Rear Speaker Focal Inside IC FORD 165

My cat was a big helper too.
Are you running them off the factory amp?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
How do they sound with the stock amp?
What part of Houston do you live around? I'm in the Sugar Land area and work at 290 / 610.
Come hear it.

The stock amp is about 100 watts. The Focal speaker are underpower right now but sound so much better than the stock speaker.

Reactions
What part of Houston do you live around? I'm in the Sugar Land area and work at 290 / 610.
Come hear it.

The stock amp is about 100 watts. The Focal speaker are underpower right now but sound so much better than the stock speaker.
Tomball near hooks airport, I don't expect miracles with the stock amp was just curious if it was a noticeable difference.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Tomball near hooks airport, I don't expect miracles with the stock amp was just curious if it was a noticeable difference.
My friend has a Hangar at Hook Airport.

The Focal upgrade is worth it. You add two tweet to the rear door .

Reactions
Missouri City here. I'm not an audiophile at all, but the other day in Sugar Land "Boyz in the Hood" by NWA came on. Passenger door speaker was clicking and all sorts of trash. Then somewhere I made the connection on the speaker magnets are likely the lightest (smallest) Ford thought they could get away with for EPA mileage standards. So, yeah, here we are. I like what @UNBROKEN said about deadening treatments. Without breaking the bank, think a compromised but 100x better than stock system would be a speaker swap and door deadening while I'm in there?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m also in Houston…we’ll have a meet sooner or later and I’ll be happy to show anyone what a full blown high end SQ build sounds like.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I’m also in Houston…we’ll have a meet sooner or later and I’ll be happy to show anyone what a full blown high end SQ build sounds like.
Did you install an amp for the speakers?

Looking for the T Harness to tap into the stock system.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Did you install an amp for the speakers?

Looking for the T Harness to tap into the stock system.
I replaced everything except the head unit. This is a ~$20K build.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... The stock amp is about 100 watts ...
How did you measure/locate that info? Easily sounds more like a 300w-400w sound system.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
How did you measure/locate that info? Easily sounds more like a 300w-400w sound system.
Don’t get hung up on power ratings. That’s only a very small piece of the puzzle.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Don’t get hung up on power ratings. That’s only a very small piece of the puzzle.
I understand that, but that wasn't my question. My inquiry was centered on where he got that info.