Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Still Waiting…

TonyDaco

Reactions
Friends… I ordered my 2022 Explorer ST on October 13 2021. It is still waiting for the chip. It was built January 6th but it is sitting waiting. Please give me some hope and let me know it won’t be much longer, I’m starting to get stressed!

Reactions
I ordered my ST on July 1st. Still waiting on the microchip hold since December. So frustrating!

OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I ordered my ST on July 1st. Still waiting on the microchip hold since December. So frustrating!
OH GOD :( I am loosing my mind because I just want it now ASAP lol

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
What was your priority number?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What packages and options did you have? I wonder if a certain combination of them lends to a microchip hold.

OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
What packages and options did you have? I wonder if a certain combination of them lends to a microchip hold.
I went slightly full everything :( so I am assuming its going to be longer.

Reactions
Priority 10 with 401a, moonroof, premium tech pack, roof rack side rails and rear dvd headrests.

OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Priority 10 with 401a, moonroof, premium tech pack, roof rack side rails and rear dvd headrests.
How do you get your priority number? Are you still waiting for your's? When did you order?

Reactions
My dealer gave me my priority number. Yes, I am still waiting. I ordered July 1st.

Reactions
Friends… I ordered my 2022 Explorer ST on October 13 2021. It is still waiting for the chip. It was built January 6th but it is sitting waiting. Please give me some hope and let me know it won’t be much longer, I’m starting to get stressed!
I ordered in October as well and just received mine, it should be coming soon.

22ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My daughter must have got lucky.
Ordered : 2/23/22
Scheduled for production: 3/3/22
Built: 3/24/22
Delivered to dealer: 3/30/22
Picked up : 3/31/22

I ordered mine a week before her and haven't heard anything since order was confirmed??

RightStuff

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
My daughter must have got lucky.
Ordered : 2/23/22
Scheduled for production: 3/3/22
Built: 3/24/22
Delivered to dealer: 3/30/22
Picked up : 3/31/22

I ordered mine a week before her and haven't heard anything since order was confirmed??
So random... What was the difference between your build and hers? Same Dealer? What about Priority codes for each order?

22ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So random... What was the difference between your build and hers? Same Dealer? What about Priority codes for each order?
The only difference was color. Hers is Atlas Blue and mine is Rapid Red. I have no idea what the Priority codes were. Ordered from same dealer.

Last edited:
OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
The only difference was color. Hers is Atlas Blue and mine is Rapid Red. I have no idea what the Priority codes were. Ordered from same dealer.
That's so strange - I hate how random it all is. All my dealer tells me is "Everyone is in the same boat, we just have to wait it out." I tell him constantly that other people are getting theirs - it just doesn't make sense to me!

bud1970

Reactions
October '21 order and 5 months to the day it arrived. 5 months seems to be the average wait. I know how anxious and excited everyone is, but If you have not been waiting at least 3 months or more, stop bitching how long it takes. I know there is no rhyme or reason, but if you get it in less than 3 months, you are the luckiest SOB on the planet!

OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #17
October '21 order and 5 months to the day it arrived. 5 months seems to be the average wait. I know how anxious and excited everyone is, but If you have not been waiting at least 3 months or more, stop bitching how long it takes. I know there is no rhyme or reason, but if you get it in less than 3 months, you are the luckiest SOB on the planet!
EXACTLY!! like I'm going on half a year and its killing me! all I want is my car! god I wish the Chicago Plant would just get it done!

Reactions
9 months!!! I just want my ST.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Baffling to me the lack any consistency to early, late, and REALLY late orders. Some like me, 3 months, others over model year changes. I had my expectation set really low and was very surprised. I even played the lottery after I took delivery but unfortunately I did not win millions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I just got the email from Ford saying, and I quote, "While we've been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we've run into a few delays". So, evidently the 401A package is the culprit. This has the Tech. pckg., Contour Seats, Parking assist, second row heated seats, etc. These may be removed and a kit for later installation provided. So, "hurry up and wait".