Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Tune

Anyone interested in tuning their ST as they become available?

• Maybe

• No

• HELL YES

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
Livernois has alot of experience tuning Fords so they get my vote
Playing around today with some 0-60 pulls on a Livernoise 93 octane tune....launching from 2500-3000rpm.
285623D3-F16D-4615-B01D-D6B286110B19.png CAE61FBD-0D2B-4482-B2F1-43BA8BA2F0AD.png

LokiWolf

Reactions
Wow! That’s crazy! What other mods do you have so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@StorminNorman has some crazy Mods! Upgraded Pump, Voodoo IC, custom Pipes, downpipes, Borla Attak exhaust, upgraded Turbos, H&R springs...and I am sure I am missing something.

It has more in it, they are holding back on it a bit to feel things out, and wait for a few more good parts to be installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
@StorminNorman has some crazy Mods! Upgraded Pump, Voodoo IC, custom Pipes, downpipes, Borla Attak exhaust, upgraded Turbos, H&R springs...and I am sure I am missing something.

It has more in it, they are holding back on it a bit to feel things out, and wait for a few more good parts to be installed.

Ok that’s out of my league. All this with a standard drivetrain/driveshaft/rear end? If so, I won’t worry about mine anymore. Thanks for the info.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Ok that’s out of my league. All this with a standard drivetrain/driveshaft/rear end? If so, I won’t worry about mine anymore. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that is the next step, to button down some of those that might be weak points. It is an awesome build!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yeah, that is the next step, to button down some of those that might be weak points. It is an awesome build!

Hey @StorminNorman Is there a place we can see the build?

Reactions
Just posted this today. I let go on the quarter mile too early. What am I doing wrong? Is it me or the tune?

Reactions
Just posted this today. I let go on the quarter mile too early. What am I doing wrong? Is it me or the tune?

Did you turn advance track of? Is the spike in g force the 1-2 and 2-3 shift?

Your 60' is definitely the reason for the bad time. Should be doing 1.8-1.9 no problem.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
Did you turn advance track of? Is the spike in g force the 1-2 and 2-3 shift?

Your 60' is definitely the reason for the bad time. Should be doing 1.8-1.9 no problem.

Don’t need AdvanceTrac off just Traction Control. One press, vs press and hold. You just need the 1 press.

What RPM you launching at?

Whose tune?

Reactions
Don’t need AdvanceTrac off just Traction Control. One press, vs press and hold. You just need the 1 press.

What RPM you launching at?

Whose tune?

5 star E50 tune. Launched at 2500-2900. Yes Traction control off and AdvanceTrac off.

Reactions
5 star E50 tune. Launched at 2500-2900. Yes Traction control off and AdvanceTrac off.

I would see if you can get some revisions from them that's of the mark for stock and e50.

LokiWolf

Reactions

Leave AdvanceTrac on, hurts nothing for launching.

Get it to 2900, count to 3, on Gas off brake. Go.

Reactions
I just did. They just sent it back to me.

Reactions
I would see if you can get some revisions from them that's of the mark for stock and e50.

I was thinking of picking up your tune. We spoke on the phone not too long ago. However I just spent $600 plus on 5 star tune. Hesitant on spending an additional $600 so soon.

Reactions
I would be scared to break something taking off with those times!

What would you be worried about breaking? Just did a Trans overhaul rates 800lb. We have 24k on this ST and a year in no issues!

LokiWolf

Reactions
leave advance t

Leave Advance Trac on, why?
For launching all you need is the one press to turn TC off. Turning Advance Trac off(Long Press) has no effect when launching. If you are a novice it could actually save you if the ST gets to sideways.

Now if you are hustling through the twistys and know what you are doing, turn it off, because it can definitely be annoying! I know you like those mountain roads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro