Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST SUV Experience

TonyDaco

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone has taken part in the SUV Experience that is offered with new builds? I live in Ontario, wanting to know if its worth the drive to North Carolina to take part in this?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just wondering if anyone has taken part in the SUV Experience that is offered with new builds? I live in Ontario, wanting to know if its worth the drive to North Carolina to take part in this?
Definitely worth the trip. The experience is a blast. I would stay an extra day or so. Biltmore is a neat place.

Reactions
Good advice. My wife and I went last summer and we both had a great time. The staff was amazing and the setting magnificent. Do spend a couple of extra days. Start trying to book it, spots get taken quickly.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My wife I went to North Carolina had a great time. You need to stay a couple extra days Biltmore is so neat. I agree with both prior post.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’d consider walking there for another opportunity. ;)

OP
T

TonyDaco

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Amazing!! Thank you everyone, definitely going to do it!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Amazing!! Thank you everyone, definitely going to do it!
When you do the slalom course, put the Explorer in Sport mode. Had I thought of that, I’d probably have done better than 2nd place. :cry:

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
When you do the slalom course, put the Explorer in Sport mode. Had I thought of that, I’d probably have done better than 2nd place. :cry:
Due to my slow reaction times, the Wife kicked my butt in everything...lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
You missed out on that amazing trophy!!
Due to my slow reaction times, the Wife kicked my butt in everything...lol.
I tried to file a protest but the judges wouldn’t have any part of it. I was beaten by a young pregnant woman.

I didn’t think it fair that she had a copilot. :mad:

Reactions
Hope this works, if not you can search my name and find it there. There's also another vid of the emergency maneuver. Here is a link of my autoX runs, can skip over all the chatter. Little tip to add to Jeppo's advice, sport mode, manual (leave in 1st gear) turn off the A/C... have fun, it's not yours LOL

WhtST

Reactions
I went to Park City and had a blast. It was raining/snowing so they canceled the off road section. But the autocross and biathlon shoot were a ton of fun!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Definitely do this. In addition to the feedback above, you also get a nice backpack with some swag, including black ST badges, etc. It is also great to experience some of the safety features like automatic braking, evasive steering assist, in case a real-world event so you know what to expect. For the race course portion, do what Floxx said, also turn off traction and advancetrac, and you may well win the 'prize'.

Podog

Reactions
This all sounds amazing. Can't wait to take the wife and make a little vacation out of it. Does anyone know when the schedule will be posted?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This all sounds amazing. Can't wait to take the wife and make a little vacation out of it. Does anyone know when the schedule will be posted?
Welcome to the forum. Have you registered on the ST Experience website? I went there and it said registration for 2022 coming soon.

Reactions
Check it often! The spots go quickly, but it is well worth it!!

Reactions
stupid question, do you have to buy new for this or does it apply to anyone who owns an ST?