Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST - Storm Trooper Build

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #81
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #84
don’t tease. Show me more.
Lol that’s all I got... Explorer is at the dealer and wheels are at the shop. Looking at Friday to install.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #86
+32

Another teaser !!

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #87
Just ordered Michelin PSS tires. THE BEST

Reactions
Nice! Can't wait to see them on your ST.

Last edited:
OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #91
Nice! Can't wait to see them on your ST.
Me too!! If the tires are in stock should have them on by Friday.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Is it Friday yet?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #95
I ended up doing 305/35.... I wanted 305/40 but it’s an inch longer in diameter lessening the revolution per mile. 315/35 are hard to find..

Michelin PSS are the best imo! Had many sets and they hug the road like crazy.

Reactions
I ended up doing 305/35.... I wanted 305/40 but it’s an inch longer in diameter lessening the revolution per mile. 315/35 are hard to find..

They are the best performance street tires I’ve ever used honestly. I’ve run the MPSS’s on my 2015 Mustang and they were fantastic. I also had the 4’s on the 2018 Mustang I traded for my ST and they were even better. Of course they are majorly expensive but their handling in dry/rain is top notch.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #97
They are the best performance street tires I’ve ever used honestly. I’ve run the MPSS’s on my 2015 Mustang and they were fantastic. I also had the 4’s on the 2018 Mustang I traded for my ST and they were even better. Of course they are majorly expensive but their handling in dry/rain is top notch.
Agreed! Even on my S7 stage 3 with roughly 700hp it never chirped on launch ... I know all AWD helps but still.

Yes expensive but worth every penny. With my hook up it’s not bad.

They don’t make the 4s for our size unfortunately.

Reactions
Agreed! Even on my S7 stage 3 with roughly 700hp it never chirped on launch ... I know all AWD helps but still.

Yes expensive but worth every penny. With my hook up it’s not bad.

They don’t make the 4s for our size unfortunately.

I know ugh. They don’t make very many tires in a 305/35/22 at all honestly. I ended up ordering MPSS’s for my wheels as well though so it’s all good. Maybe when these are ready to be replaced they will be available.

Edit: UGH... MPSS are on nationwide back order with no ETA. I got an email from Discount Tire saying they couldn't fill my order. Pirelli are also special order right now with a delay. Might have to go Lexani or Atturo as a temporary solution.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

So I've been curious about the 305/35 vs 305/40 thing. I wanted to do 305/40s because of a) availability of different tires and b) look. I don't like the look of super low profile tires, especially on a really large wheel (e.g., 22"). What is the drawback to running an overall inch larger diameter? There will be less clearance of course, but assuming we can figure out a offset that would make it work (40mm? or am I going in the wrong direction--i forget and have to re-learn it again every time...) is there an issue to this I'm not seeing? If the overall setup ends up being lighter (significantly lighter if forged wheels are used) that would be overall less inertia to overcome when accelerating...

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #100
I know ugh. They don’t make very many tires in a 305/35/22 at all honestly. I ended up ordering MPSS’s for my wheels as well though so it’s all good. Maybe when these are ready to be replaced they will be available.
Nice!