Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST crash worthiness

Reactions
I have to say right off I do not condone the behavior that led up to this crash but these vehicles are very well made and passenger safety is excellent. This ST was traveling at 126 mph when it crashed and rolled, the passenger compartment is intact even though the right side and front and rear of the vehicle are totally destroyed. The individual was ejected due not wearing a seatbelt but survived with relatively minor injuries. FGvmpOZXwAcWWPI.jpg FGvmpOZXwAcWWPI.jpg FGvmhI-XIAEpIYq.jpg FGvmrDxWQAY4uZq.jpg FGvmpOZXwAcWWPI.jpg FGvmhI-XIAEpIYq.jpg FGvmrDxWQAY4uZq.jpg

OP
Garda934
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
I will fix the pictures when I get in front of a computer

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Glad he is okay. I am looking for a set of these wheels, but I will pass.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Kind of amazing for the speed involved. one lucky driver.

Reactions
Did he hit another vehicle? And what is that pipe going across inside the vehicle?

Honestly, the car does not look in bad shape for the speeds and rollover it had. Extremely lucky to be alive and with minor injuries considering he was ejected

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks like someone already grabbed the Whipple intercooler ;)

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Glad to hear everyone made it out okay.

OP
Garda934
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
The pipe is part of the exhaust and no he didn't hit anyone else he did an end to end with a twist roll. This was a local Sheriff's squad when I saw him get out of it at the MN State Fair it told him I liked his taste is SUV's he said it was alot of fun. Too bad he destroyed it and dam near killed himself but the vehicle probably saved him even though he wasn't belted. He is a nice guy just has a issue that hopefully this will help him recover.