Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST: 6 Faults at same time - OUCH!

IgorStr

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
Today they changed the transfer case and the issue was resolved.
Everything works great -:)!!!
What`s part number you change?

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Changed:
L1M37A195AE

Attachments

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
In general, you need to look at internal errors and from there decide what to do

IgorStr

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
In general, you need to look at internal errors and from there decide what to do
Thx! Please send me PM what service in Moscow you use?

Kev

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Exployer ST
What happended?

Did Ford fix the problem?

I am having the same problem and having a hard time getting the dealership to check it out...
I took mine to the dealership. The problem is so simple that the dealership didn't even charge me. The mechanic fixed it very quickly. Of course I had dealt with the service representative several of times over the years. Now. Let me see if I can remember. The control panel or whatever you want to call where the drive mode dial and the buttons surrounding it in front of the hand rest compartment. We'll, these dealerships are ripping all of you off. Underneath that area has a wiring harness with a connector that runs, I believe he said, underneath the passenger seat. That connector has come loose. I should have asked for a more detailed answer. I don't know if it came all the way or wasn't connected tightly into the receiving connector. It's been several months and a couple days ago, I raised the passenger seat all the way up and all of those lights came on again after a couple miles. I lowered the seat but it's still on. If it is underneath the passenger seat and the lights with the wrench came on without coincidence when I raised the seat, I tells me that the wiring harness is too short and or there is some faulty way the connection is made. Whatever and wherever it is, didn't take the mechanic a couple seconds or minutes to connect the connectors. Heck, you all know how dealerships are. If they didn't charge me for that, you know that it didn't take long. Of course, I was having a recall on the exhaust fixed and an alignment done. But still, they didn't charge me. I didn't spend but a couple minutes looking underneath the seat for the connection and couldn't locate it. Since it's warm tomorrow, I'm going to find the connection. I'm pretty sure, he told me it connected underneath the passenger seat. If it isn't, I'll look at some other places. I looked inside the hand rest compartment and took the bottom padding out and there is one screw. I may just take that off and see where it goes and make the connection. I hope this helps you all out. I'm 99% sure, this is where your problems come from.

RjM

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2020
Hi from France. I've got the same problem with my 2020 Explorer... The biggest problem is that there aren't lots of Explorer in France so they don't really know how to fix it.
I managed to have an appointenment next thursday to change the front halfshaft speed sensor. The garage told me it's better to change all the front axle... Do you have some idea?

I also had a message "see manual" : Informs the driver that the powertrain needs service due to a powertrain malfunction.
And last weekend I had this message when I tried to start the engine: "Stop Safely Now" : Displays when the stop safety hazard warning lamp is illuminated. This indicates an electrical component that requires service. This causes the vehicle to shut down or enter into limited operating mode.
So I didn't managed to start the engine. I had to unplug both batteries and wait 2 minutes before starting it again...

Last edited: