Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST: 6 Faults at same time - OUCH!

Reactions
Mine had this issue one time months ago. Couldn't use cruise control or any drive mode other than the normal one. Restarting it didn't do a thing, it just went away on its own in the middle of the highway that same day.

Reactions
I was getting similar faults as OP stated. I took it to Ford dealership with information about the TSB# 20-2071. After 3 separate visits, they fixed it, but it wasn't a speed sensor. I don't fully understand the techs notes, but a FADA was replaced. It's been 4 weeks since the repair, and no fault codes have activated. Also, I had issues with the transmission shifting into 3rd too soon and lugging the engine. This repair fixed that as well, no more lugging.

Attachments

KegsBdry

Reactions
My ST is back in the service center for the same 6 faults as before. They said it's a speed sensor near the axis (or something). Parts are a month out. But I'd rather drive my ST with fault messages than the Ford Escape service loaner.

I hope it's not 5 wks like yours took.

Reactions
Took mine in for these codes and had something to do with the transfer case and its components, which are being replaced once the parts come in.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Took mine in for these codes and had something to do with the transfer case and its components, which are being replaced once the parts come in.
These were the parts on order. Apparently, some of these parts are one off replacements. See attached.

Attachments

Reactions
ST was throwing C0631 and U0102 codes with TSB 23-2114 to repair.

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Good afternoon
Error C00A6: 07-68, the front axle speed sensor has been changed, the AWD has been updated. There are no errors, but when you start moving the car twitches, tell me what to do?
Thank you

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
Well, mine is going in on Tuesday for these issues. I will advise on the TSB and hope for the best. My truck did make one helluva clunk going into reverse before it threw the errors.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
Update... Awd module was faulty. It was replaced and was in stock. Took about 2.5 hours. It also resolves the loud click when going from park to drive or from drive to reverse and the reverse of that. Fingers crossed that this solves it long term.

Reactions
I was driving through pretty intense rain about 5 months ago and four or five sensors went bonkers and displayed faults. Continued driving home and haven't seen any faults since.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Update... Awd module was faulty. It was replaced and was in stock. Took about 2.5 hours. It also resolves the loud click when going from park to drive or from drive to reverse and the reverse of that. Fingers crossed that this solves it long term.
Mine had same issue still over a month at the dealer trying to find the issue lol

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Good afternoon
I'm from Moscow, we don't have dealers. If anyone can go to their nearest dealer and find out what to do, what to repair in my car. Or maybe someone has come across this.
Ford explorer release 07.2020. When starting off, the car twitches (at low speeds). Errors pop up both during acceleration and when coasting, in rain, dry weather, or they may not pop up, but it always twitches. When the engine is restarted, the errors are reset. Errors in the application.
Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
The above errors recently happened to me. The AWD module was the fix.

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes, thank you, we are working in this direction

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Just took my Platinum in for service today. For the exact same problem. Service advisor told me. There was a transfer or axis leak. Gave me a loaner immediately. Cross fingers its a warranty repair

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The AWD module did not help, they changed three pieces, updated the firmware, etc.
Problem still exists

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
had this happen on my raptor - problem? rats chewed a harness

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Today they changed the transfer case and the issue was resolved.
Everything works great -:)!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Got mine back today. Had 4 repairs done. Service advisor said they kept finding things. CATALYTIC Converter, Front Axle speed sensor, Front Differential, and Front Axle boot all Replaced. Vechile still has a little jug when running. I'm a use some Lucas oil injector cleaner and see if that works. I think the Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline had water in it

Attachments