Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Spring Compressor

Reactions
Those that installed lowering springs themselves, what type of spring compressor did you use?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You need a strut spring compressor. O'Reilly has them as free rental tools. You leave a deposit until I return it but it’s free at the end.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I've got this style from back when I had my S550. Although I never used it.

1697546717202.png

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I've got this style from back when I had my S550. Although I never used it.

View attachment 20045
I wouldn't recommend those. get the two piece kind. They can be rented but are so cheap nowadays it is better to just buy a ser for convenience. Many have plastic storage cases too.

OEMTOOLS 27036 10.75 Inch MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor, Set of 2 Universal Spring Compressor Tool Automotive, 9.75 Inch Maximum Safe Opening, Carrying Case Included https://a.co/d/6PCYRf0

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I wouldn't recommend those. get the two piece kind. They can be rented but are so cheap nowadays it is better to just buy a ser for convenience. Many have plastic storage cases too.

OEMTOOLS 27036 10.75 Inch MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor, Set of 2 Universal Spring Compressor Tool Automotive, 9.75 Inch Maximum Safe Opening, Carrying Case Included https://a.co/d/6PCYRf0
I've always needed 3 Strut Spring Compressors, so I bought 2 sets (4 total) from Amazon. Plus I'm not sure which set of springs I'll end up with, suspect I'll change them a few times.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I'll probably just pick up two set from the Hazard Fraught down the road.

Explorer ST Posts