Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SPD Performance Downpipes

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yep, today. They were a huge bitch to get on. We dropped the trans and revived heat Shields to get them on. (My buddy did most the work).
You dropped the trans?

Reactions
Think I'm gonna hold off on ordering these until theres a direct bolt-in option...

Kneb8

Reactions

I tried posting it here but it didn’t work but there it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was your fix? Mine is doing it but got Ford to "replace" as mine already had one worm gear clmap on each. I heard some people have to put 3 on

Reactions
What was your fix? Mine is doing it but got Ford to "replace" as mine already had one worm gear clmap on each. I heard some people have to put 3 on
My shop welded on a stronger woven flex on too the mid pipe

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows whether some O2 extenders will fit with where the holes are located on the downpipes.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You don’t need them. They use a big body 400 cell cat...it won’t throw any codes.

Reactions
My shop welded on a stronger woven flex on too the mid pipe

Mine have gotten so loud, it's embarrassing. I'm either going to scrap the borla and stock mids and get thermal or go to a shop and get new flex pipes welded in.

Reactions
Mine have gotten so loud, it's embarrassing. I'm either going to scrap the borla and stock mids and get thermal or go to a shop and get new flex pipes welded in.
I got rid of borla and went full thermal don’t regret it one bit. Just need a dang zfg tune and I’ll be content

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I got rid of borla and went full thermal don’t regret it one bit. Just need a dang zfg tune and I’ll be content

Gotta say I always appreciate when someone swaps a substantial aftermarket part for another aftermarket part. Down for it haha.

Reactions
I've had the SPD's and Borla S-Type's on since August and they're embarrassing loud I agree...I bought the Thermal Mids and am going to (have a Professional) cut the 2.25" SPD outlet and weld the 2.5" Thermal Mids...then use a 2.5" ID to 2.25" OD Reducer to mate the Thermals to the Borla's.

Just haven't had time to get over to the shop.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I've had the SPD's and Borla S-Type's on since August and they're embarrassing loud I agree...I bought the Thermal Mids and am going to (have a Professional) cut the 2.25" SPD outlet and weld the 2.5" Thermal Mids...then use a 2.5" ID to 2.25" OD Reducer to mate the Thermals to the Borla's.

Just haven't had time to get over to the shop.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

"embarrasingly loud"? How do you define embarrasing? On a scale of 1 being "noticeablely loud" and 10 being "pure humiliation", what are we talking?

Reactions
Gotta say I always appreciate when someone swaps a substantial aftermarket part for another aftermarket part. Down for it haha.
It’s all about what you want out of your vehicle. Not many ppl in my area with ST’s even had an exhaust so I had To be my own guinea pig.