Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Software

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@Dale5403 When installing an update on my truck my result was much the same as yours. The drive was new and formatted correctly the files were nested as they should be but no soap. I bought a little more high-end Samsung thumb drive and started over, it loaded just as it should in short order.

Others on the F150Ecoboost forum had the same issue. I sent that same drive to several more members and it worked for them in each case. They were all great members. I was just giving any of them the drive. They all sent it back to me and a couple of them threw $5 in to cover my shipping costs (totally unnecessary). I was just glad it helped them out. Do make sure that the files reside where they are supposed to on the drive according to Ford's instructions.
Thanks for sharing that. First I've heard it but will file that idea away for the next update. If and when one comes out.

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Welcome to SYNC3 and its performance, that's one of the reasons SYNC is the lowest ranked multimedia software of the big 3. SYNC4 isn't much better, Mach E boot up is just as slow. Very poorly executed. If you get a chance use U-Connect and see how it performs.....right now its the benchmark.
Actually SYNC3 rated best by consumer reports... Slow start but best.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@Dale5403 When installing an update on my truck my result was much the same as yours. The drive was new and formatted correctly the files were nested as they should be but no soap. I bought a little more high-end Samsung thumb drive and started over, it loaded just as it should in short order.

Others on the F150Ecoboost forum had the same issue. I sent that same drive to several more members and it worked for them in each case. They were all great members. I was just giving any of them the drive. They all sent it back to me and a couple of them threw $5 in to cover my shipping costs (totally unnecessary). I was just glad it helped them out. Do make sure that the files reside where they are supposed to on the drive according to Ford's instructions.
We update computerized assembly tools with flash drives as well. There are some that plain won't work. They recommend Sandisk and I have never had any trouble updating those controllers with a Sandisk.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Actually SYNC3 rated best by consumer reports... Slow start but best.
The problem with Consumer Reports is the people they have testing aren't always representative of the average consumer for a specific make/model.

SYNC is well known as the worst multimedia platform out there, even Ford people I work with agree.

If someone is very light user, maybe turns the radio to one station and never changes it, never uses Navigation, never connects peripheral devices, never uses BT connections, they will say its great.

My SYNC3 BT phone connection is so bad I have to drive with it disconnected and the phone on phone speaker or I cant use phone in vehicle.

It's like when someone tests the Explore ST and says the ride is too harsh, hey F$#@ Stick its designed that way, go buy a Tesla.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Woah never thought of that. I use Eero Pro 6. Maybe I'll try that.

Thanks!
I didn't think of asking. What version of sync software are you on now? The newest is 21194

Reactions
Honestly I'm not sure. When I went to the Ford website and entered my VIN they told me that I needed the update.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
i admit to reaching for straws here. But it might be worth taking a look. Just go into setting on your touch screen to check. Slim chance that Ford might not be showing the correct one.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thanks for sharing that. First I've heard it but will file that idea away for the next update. If and when one comes out.
Sorry about that one Dale, I obviously forgot who I was directing that post towards.

hbalek

Reactions
I see your post is from a year ago, but I hope you're still enjoying your 2022 Explorer ST in Vernon, CT! If you were facing slow software boot-up times back then, it's always a good idea to check for any available software updates from the manufacturer. Updates can often improve performance and fix any bugs or issues.
If you're on the latest 22251 then you will have bigger problems than slow start. I wish I had never updated in the past year. Ford is really slow in coming up with a solution for this.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I see your post is from a year ago, but I hope you're still enjoying your 2022 Explorer ST in Vernon, CT! If you were facing slow software boot-up times back then, it's always a good idea to check for any available software updates from the manufacturer. Updates can often improve performance and fix any bugs or issues.
This is a SPAM reply.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I don't think it takes long at all