Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

So what do you all do?

Blue_Beast

Reactions
I did X-ray/CAT Scans, now currently in cath lab helping people coming into the ED with heart attacks.

Reactions
All you folks have interesting jobs. I'm a retired shop worker. Bought my ST because I Iiked the color and 400 hp.

Reactions
Retired business owner selling, installing, training and support for all QuickBooks products.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Glad to see so many prior and active military. Before joining IBM, I was a US Navy nuclear submarine Chief responsible for operating propulsion and associated systems along with the reactor systems. Spent 20 years serving on six different Los Angeles Class 688 fast attack subs. There are times I miss the comradery with my fellow nukes and then I remember all those days spent underwater. :unsure:

688.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
I was an exploration geologist for 15 years but got sick of being away from home for 3/4 of my life and being away from my family. Work has been really spotty lately and way too boom and bust for my tolerance level. I got sick of spending all summer in a tent, getting chased by bears and bugs, and sleeping on a 2" thick foamy in the middle of nowhere. 6 weeks of 12-15 hour days with limited internet, fitness, or anything to do at all was not for me. I decided to walk away a year ago.

Now working as a Project Manager for a construction company. Mostly doing multi-family dwellings and long-term care homes. Tough trying to learn a completely new industry in my early 40's but I am now enjoying things like weekends and actually seeing my kids.

Reactions
I am the owner of a small wedding video business in Boston Mass. I serve all of New England. Been in business for 15 years.

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Glad to see so many prior and active military. Before joining IBM, I was a US Navy nuclear submarine Chief responsible for operating propulsion and associated systems along with the reactor systems. Spent 20 years serving on six different Los Angeles Class 688 fast attack subs. There are times I miss the comradery with my fellow nukes and then I remember all those days spent underwater. :unsure:
I did just shy of 10 years as a surface nuke EM. Got out in 2012. I am now a Generation dispatcher and Transmission operator for a private utility company.

1605362262258.png

Reactions
IT Network Engineer and/or Security Engineer with 21 years under my belt.

Reactions
Retired small business owner. 22 yrs combination military and state law enforcement. Now spend my time harassing the motoring public by driving my all black ST on 18" PIU steelies , no luggage rails, Setina PB400 ............ At legal speeds in the right lane. Scares the crap out of people. :LOL:

Reactions
Industrial Design. I’m the design director of a small product development company.

Ddrummer

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Work for a large pharmaceutical company purchasing testing services for clinical studies...like COVID, cancer and heart disease. Highly stressful work but I believe in our mission only a few more years and my wife and I can retire

Reactions
I'm a hustler, baby. Currently I do product support for credit unions working from home as well as run a detailing business on the side. Hope to get an Explorer by this time next year so that I can Uber XL as well as pull a mobile detailing trailer. Just need to pay off my FiST.

Reactions
Buy the hybrid. It will pay for itself as an Uber driver.

Reactions
union boilermaker local 92.
but i dont build boilers, i came into the union as an Oil and Gas Storage Tank erector. so all those large tanks you see near refineries, thats what i build.
before that i was a Structural steel welder.
before that a Commercial Diver (underwater welder) working in the Gulf Of Mexico.

so i weld, a lot.....

Reactions
I work in insurance. I put together programs for multi-national commercial entities and focus in complex (and hopefully interesting) risks. I largely focus on property risks but place a bit of cyber and other specialized E&O liability deals as well.