Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sirius XM issues in 2021 ST

mdallas

Reactions
21194 fixes this issue. use Syn3Updater to make a USB key.

CongoST

Reactions
Hi,

I thought I had seen where others were having issues with Sirius XM, but I'm not finding those posts now. In my 2021, Sirius XM has been acting flakey. Like I can go to the store, it works fine. Come out from the store to go home and Sirius channels have no sound. Local and HD stations work fine. Also, if I look at the Sirius XM Travel Link app, it shows most services "not subscribed", but that changes as well. It's not always the same services that show that.

Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions to resolve it?

Thanks,
David
bring to dealer... warranty! had it happen to my 2018 explorer sport.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
bring to dealer... warranty! had it happen to my 2018 explorer sport.
That would be a waste of time. The dealers don't have a fix The next SYNC software update is what it needs.

Reactions
I've been having this exact issue since the end of May. I've spent hours on the phone with Ford and Sirius. Gonna have to break down and make a service appt at the dealer .

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Same here. No sound. I just switch over to my phone for music. I'll have to try the soft reset. Thanks.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've been having this exact issue since the end of May. I've spent hours on the phone with Ford and Sirius. Gonna have to break down and make a service appt at the dealer .

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Same here. No sound. I just switch over to my phone for music. I'll have to try the soft reset. Thanks.
The next SYNC update should be coming soon. It sounds like that will solve these issues. I sure hope it does.

Reactions
The next SYNC update should be coming soon. It sounds like that will solve these issues. I sure hope it does.
Ford finally advised there is no fix for the travel line issue and is hoping next software push.
I have an amazing work around. Pay the $6.00 a month for the audio subscription and everything works perfectly. Ford would not pay for the upgrade but did apologize.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford finally advised there is no fix for the travel line issue and is hoping next software push.
I have an amazing work around. Pay the $6.00 a month for the audio subscription and everything works perfectly. Ford would not pay for the upgrade but did apologize.
I have a subscription to Sirius and still have a lot of issues with mine.

Reactions
I dunno, I haven’t have one glitch with Sirus yet. No electric glitches at all on anything actually.

RonFordST

Reactions
I am having the same issue. We have brought our car in twice and they cannot fix it. This last time the replaced the audio unit. Sirius stated that there is a problem with the data module which I told ford but I am not sure what is the specific module they referred to

adl

Reactions
I have a 2020 Explorer Platinum (not an ST), but I have the exact same issue. It started a few months ago. I noticed the other day that when this happens, on the "Vehicle" screen of the display, the "SiriusXM" icon is missing and the "Valet Mode" icon is greyed out (can't be selected). It's almost as if something doesn't correctly initialize on startup. But like others, if I leave the car of for a while, everything goes back to normal.

I'm hoping an update will soon fix this.... it's very annoying. We were on a 6 hour road trip last weekend... stopped for gas after about 3 hours, and when we started up again there was no SiriusXM. We didn't get it back until we stopped a few hours later for a bio-break and had the car off for 10 mins or so.

Reactions
Update to sync version 21194, it resolved this for me. I did the USB method and the WiFi method kept stalling out.

instymp

Reactions
We have the problem also. 2021 Explorer.
Which of the 2 soft resets mentioned do you use?
Anyone cured it permanently?

Reactions
None of the resets worked for me. The recent software upgraded fixed mine.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
check if Sync version is 3.4.21194. If not, update. Updating via USB is faster than WiFi. This version fixed a lot of issues.