Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT tuner

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Actually we run TX2K down here and I’ve seen 225 on I-45 between Houston and Dallas. Do you really think there’s a single cop on the planet that gives a damn about an internet post with no evidence attached? You’re hilarious. I’m glad you joined.
Well I mean if you’re gonna troll a troll...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You’re not trolling...you got butthurt. lol
We joke around here...thicken up that skin and you may have a good time....unlike your wife’s transmission.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Should I notify the cops that I’ll be out in the morning doing some 0-60 testing on 45mph roads? Gotta work with this negative DA...don’t wanna offend a guy in VA though. lol

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
You’re not trolling...you got butthurt. lol
We joke around here...thicken up that skin and you may have a good time....unlike your wife’s transmission.
If you get upset over something on a internet car forum.... man... you need to step back from the interwebs...

The Trans will be fine. A basic mild 93 tune isn’t going to toast the Trans.

Anywho.... I’ll post the numbers and times when I get them.

Or should I swing by that other guys house and borrow his space ship drag timer? He’s in Virginia. We can go run from the popo and hopefully not murder a bus fully of children headed to a bible retreat.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
Should I notify the cops that I’ll be out in the morning doing some 0-60 testing on 45mph roads? Gotta work with this negative DA...don’t wanna offend a guy in VA though. lol
It’s always a good idea to notify law enforcement prior to committing a felony.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I wouldn’t worry...all the retreats are cancelled because of COVID and nobody gives a shit about bus drivers anyway.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s always a good idea to notify law enforcement prior to committing a felony.
Nah...15 over I just show them my CHL and we talk about guns for a while and I go on about my business. This is TEXAS!

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Nah...15 over I just show them my CHL and we talk about guns for a while and I go on about my business. This is TEXAS!
I just caught wood.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Better go give it to your wife before you trash her car and puts you on the couch.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
Better go give it to your wife before you trash her car and puts you on the couch.
Pfft... just buy her a new one. Daddy got deep pockets.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
I wouldn’t worry...all the retreats are cancelled because of COVID and nobody gives a shit about bus drivers anyway.
Ok... this is probably the only accurate post you’ve made. You get 1 point.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #33
I call BS...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
You guys should slide over to SVTPERFORMANCE.COM

you’d fit right in.

LokiWolf

Reactions
The Trans will be fine. A basic mild 93 tune isn’t going to toast the Trans.

Or should I swing by that other guys house and borrow his space ship drag timer? He’s in Virginia. We can go run from the popo and hopefully not murder a bus fully of children headed to a bible retreat.
Stock these Trans are having issues for some people. Any application of additional power without proper trans tuning is just asking for trouble.

If you are anywhere near the RVA, you are welcome to borrow it anytime. I can also let you drive a properly tuned ST...just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
OP, thanks for taking the time to do this. I think there is a pretty clear pattern of some members on the forum that like to bash anything they do not use. It is not their money or their vehicle so I do not understand why they care so much other than because they love their choices, and anything anyone does outside of that seemingly invalidates their choices?? IDK

To each their own, and if you choose to spend you money on SCT, go for it. It has no bearing on anyone else on this forum.

I do not understand why @UNBROKEN and @LokiWolf have a hard on for you. I am excited to see the results. And you may either prove them wrong, or prove them right. Who knows, who cares. Good luck and Godspeed.

I am glad to see more data than just tuning by ZFG and Dragy results over and over. And before anyone gets butthurt, there is nothing wrong with that choice either, it will just be nice to see something else tested and proven because we already have tons of info and data on ZFG and Dragy, both of which seem to be good.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #36
OP, thanks for taking the time to do this. I think there is a pretty clear pattern of some members on the forum that like to bash anything they do not use. It is not their money or their vehicle so I do not understand why they care so much other than because they love their choices, and anything anyone does outside of that seemingly invalidates their choices?? IDK

To each their own, and if you choose to spend you money on SCT, go for it. It has no bearing on anyone else on this forum.

I do not understand why @UNBROKEN and @LokiWolf have a hard on for you. I am excited to see the results. And you may either prove them wrong, or prove them right. Who knows, who cares. Good luck and Godspeed.

I am glad to see more data than just tuning by ZFG and Dragy results over and over. And before anyone gets butthurt, there is nothing wrong with that choice either, it will just be nice to see something else tested and proven because we already have tons of info and data on ZFG and Dragy, both of which seem to be good.
Half the fun in my mind is trying different options and seeing the results. I’m very curious what I’m going to see out of the SCT. It might do really well. It might flop.

But from my experience, SCT has always done very well providing a solid tuning option. At least for my fords.

As for the hardon... it’s no worry. I’ve been on the internet for a long time. Everyone on the car forums are Rich, MMA fighters with smokin hot wives who know everything there is to know about (insert specific subject.)

This ones no different

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The only point anyone was trying to make is that the SCT devices are inferior to the HP Tuners devices in that they 100% cannot access all the parameters needed to properly tune new Fords, particularly the transmission.
Every single large shop tuning new Fords has stopped using SCT for that reason.
I don’t have a hard on for anything except keeping people from tearing up their expensive vehicles. Personally...and I think I posted it in this thread I’ve already used both SCT and HPT on a new Ford of my own...the differences were incredible and I consider myself lucky I didn’t blow it up using SCT. If speaking from experience is having a hard on for someone...so be it. You’re right...it’s your money and your vehicle...do with them as you wish just don’t say you weren't warned.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Half the fun in my mind is trying different options and seeing the results. I’m very curious what I’m going to see out of the SCT. It might do really well. It might flop.

But from my experience, SCT has always done very well providing a solid tuning option. At least for my fords.

As for the hardon... it’s no worry. I’ve been on the internet for a long time. Everyone on the car forums are Rich, MMA fighters with smokin hot wives who know everything there is to know about (insert specific subject.)

This ones no different
SCT was great on pre-2015 Fords. Anything after is taking a chance.

OP
Tezz500
Reactions
Thread Starter #39
The only point anyone was trying to make is that the SCT devices are inferior to the HP Tuners devices in that they 100% cannot access all the parameters needed to properly tune new Fords, particularly the transmission.
Every single large shop tuning new Fords has stopped using SCT for that reason.
I don’t have a hard on for anything except keeping people from tearing up their expensive vehicles. Personally...and I think I posted it in this thread I’ve already used both SCT and HPT on a new Ford of my own...the differences were incredible and I consider myself lucky I didn’t blow it up using SCT. If speaking from experience is having a hard on for someone...so be it. You’re right...it’s your money and your vehicle...do with them as you wish just don’t say you weren't warned.
Your posts is the absolute first time I’m hearing this about the difference between HP/SCT.

Excuse me if I find it difficult to shun a product I’ve found reliable for over 2 Decades over the post of one person on an Internet car forum with any hard evidence provided....

And I’m not saying you don’t have said evidence... but you’re just saying “trust me, I know.”

Get Me that data where someone tuned their Explorer ST with just a drop in KN filter/SCT tuner and the transmission fucking exploded and I’ll make sure to switch vendors ASAP.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
SCT was great on pre-2015 Fords. Anything after is taking a chance.
Why is this? I had my 2017 fusion sport tuned by unleashed using an SCT tuner and, speaking specifically about the transmission I could agree with you (I think it was the 6F55) because the shifting seemed weird when it was tuned. But what has changed on either SCT's end or Ford's end? I understand what you said earlier about SCT not being able to modify all of the necessary parameters, but can you go into more depth on that? I'm genuinely interested in this, I am not doubting what you say.