Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT tuner

Reactions
Don't run canned SCT tune.
Hit up GearHead, very well known in Ecoboost comunity and he uses SCT.
The canned tune is actually pretty decent, but I agree, reach out to Matt and his team to get a more out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I hope you’re not planning to use the SCT for custom tuning. Those devices are sorely lacking in ability.

Based on your knowledge & experience with tuners SCT vs HP, etc. Curious if you think I could achieve better numbers using an HP tune & knowledgeable tuner over canned tunes made by SCT for my 2015 Ford 6.2L. While the SCT woke up the truck some what, I am left wanting more. Part of me regrets my purchase of the SCT tuner, now thinking I should go another way. Also why I wait, watch & ask questions before I purchase a tuner for our Explorer ST.

Love your stereo mods btw. Wish one could hear it because that's what its really all about.

Reactions
Based on your knowledge & experience with tuners SCT vs HP, etc. Curious if you think I could achieve better numbers using an HP tune & knowledgeable tuner over canned tunes made by SCT for my 2015 Ford 6.2L. While the SCT woke up the truck some what, I am left wanting more. Part of me regrets my purchase of the SCT tuner, now thinking I should go another way. Also why I wait, watch & ask questions before I purchase a tuner for our Explorer ST.

Love your stereo mods btw. Wish one could hear it because that's what its really all about.
Check out JDM Engineering in NJ.
They use SCT X4 device / stage 1 93 octane tune which is crazy. They put down low 4s 0-60mph with tune and whipple IC.
I'm still struggling with my launch but I've hit a 4.37s 0-60mph so far. 4.18s with too much negative slope on the dragy. Never tried the other tuners like ZFG and PBD or Livernoise. HP tuners I've heard have much more flexibility and control so could be useful. I guess it depends on what you want out of the truck. How that helps.