Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

S&B coming soon

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Y'all are acting surprised…but it’s well known these things have been on backorder since the first run sold out. You’re not the only ones waiting and griping about it isn’t gonna speed up the process.
I am surprised because I just got my ST last month and haven't scoured the forums about the S&B CAI shipping debacle. It's news to me!

I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going on at this point because the emails from Lethal about its status are always changing the timeframe and it's very frustrating. If you have any info or specific posts I should read, please send them over and I'd be happy to read up!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s not a shipping debacle…they’re on backorder and will ship when they make more. What other info do you need? There’s no date mentioned anywhere.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It’s not a shipping debacle…they’re on backorder and will ship when they make more. What other info do you need? There’s no date mentioned anywhere.
Are you waiting for one?

Their website lists it as "in stock" and says it would ship out the same day. https://sbfilters.store/products/s-b-cold-air-intake-ford-explorer-3-0l-20-23

Do you think the way they treat customers is usual? I don't know about you, but I usually find answers to problems and do not sit back and wait for it to get fixed on its own. I think we deserve an explanation.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Ordered mine first day of the black Friday sale from lethal and they told me they were out of stock and would be 7-10 days till they received them. Just got a notice that mine was ready to ship yesterday. I was under the impression they were instock when i ordered but after receiving my other items in my order I asked, the team at Lethal was very helpful and transparent.

Last edited:

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Ordered mine first day of the black Friday sale from lethal and they said they told me they were out of stock and would be 7-10 days till they received them. Just got a notice that mine was ready to ship yesterday. I was under the impression they were instock when i ordered but after receiving my other items in my order I asked and the team at Lethal was very helpful and transparent.
See that's what is weird. @ridered74 & @Cblue both ordered before me and you and still haven't received them.

Per my first response, Lethal did email me an update when I asked them why mine hasn't shipped and then the other day pushed that date out farther. Something is weird there. I contacted S&B to find out where they are in this whole thing.

Reactions
See that's what is weird. @ridered74 & @Cblue both ordered before me and you and still haven't received them.

Per my first response, Lethal did email me an update when I asked them why mine hasn't shipped and then the other day pushed that date out farther. Something is weird there. I contacted S&B to find out where they are in this whole thing.
lack of microchips

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Are you waiting for one?

Their website lists it as "in stock" and says it would ship out the same day. https://sbfilters.store/products/s-b-cold-air-intake-ford-explorer-3-0l-20-23

Do you think the way they treat customers is usual? I don't know about you, but I usually find answers to problems and do not sit back and wait for it to get fixed on its own. I think we deserve an explanation.
I am waiting for one. What I’m not doing is crying about it online. The shit will show up when it shows up….its not a life or death issue.
And I’ve given you the explanation already. They’re on backorder. That’s the explanation.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I am waiting for one. What I’m not doing is crying about it online. The shit will show up when it shows up….its not a life or death issue.
And I’ve given you the explanation already. They’re on backorder. That’s the explanation.
Mr. Haltom,

Your name-calling comment was not necessary. From your photos, you seem like someone who has been around the sun a few times, and judging from your almost 4k posts here and admin status on the ST FB groups...I'd venture to say you've had about enough of new people getting these cars and asking about the same shit all the time. You seem burnt out, man. Maybe it's time to take a break from online replies. Maybe it's better to walk away and calm down. Seriously, think about it.

As for my posts regarding the S&B CAI shipping issues, I just wanted to understand better why this item is so far behind in production and false updates are being sent out, only to be pushed out further by more false updates.

If you don't have anything helpful to add, please just ignore this. Nobody likes keyboard warriors.

Sincerely and respectfully,
Brojam81

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What’s so hard to understand about backorders? They happen…when production is caught up they ship out. Simple as that. What Lethal tells you has nothing to do with S&B…your issue is with Lethal.
Making more posts here about it isn’t gonna get it to you any faster.

brojam81

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What’s so hard to understand about backorders? They happen…when production is caught up they ship out. Simple as that. What Lethal tells you has nothing to do with S&B…your issue is with Lethal.
Making more posts here about it isn’t gonna get it to you any faster.
I’m very aware of how back orders work. Let me spell this out for ya.

My issue is with Lethal, you are correct. For not knowing what you seem to know. See, I wasn’t aware of any back orders or even trouble shipping until I started commenting in this post. As far as I knew, Lethal said it was “in stock”, hell…S&B’s own website lists it as “in stock” and “ships the same day”.

It helped reading other customers posts about their unfulfilled orders. It now makes sense to me that Lethal has no real grasp of how long the back orders are for this product.

Now here is the real reason it’s good to discuss it here, in a forum post about the proper subject. Now, as a customer, I can make an educated decision if I want to wait for the S&B CAI or get refunded and go with another option. That’s really all of my intentions. Not crying, bitching or complaining, my dude.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I ordered mine back when UNBROKEN ordered his and it was listed as "Item is backordered. Orders typically ship in two weeks" then. I just checked the S&B site and it still shows a 2 week back order. It will get here when it gets here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine has been on order since 11/1. I called Lethal 2 weeks ago to check the status and was given an ETA of black Friday.

I just called them yesterday for another update and was told it will be another 2-3+ weeks.

Lethal resales a lot of their stuff shipped direct from the manufacturer. They're only going by what S&B is quoting them.

S&B are the ones yanking people's chains over ETA. Not sure why people are getting frustrated with Lethal. It's inconvenient yes, but your two options are to wait until it ships or get a refund and order something else. That's it.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I’m very aware of how back orders work. Let me spell this out for ya.

My issue is with Lethal, you are correct. For not knowing what you seem to know. See, I wasn’t aware of any back orders or even trouble shipping until I started commenting in this post. As far as I knew, Lethal said it was “in stock”, hell…S&B’s own website lists it as “in stock” and “ships the same day”.

It helped reading other customers posts about their unfulfilled orders. It now makes sense to me that Lethal has no real grasp of how long the back orders are for this product.

Now here is the real reason it’s good to discuss it here, in a forum post about the proper subject. Now, as a customer, I can make an educated decision if I want to wait for the S&B CAI or get refunded and go with another option. That’s really all of my intentions. Not crying, bitching or complaining, my dude.

Does that make sense?

I would think you wouldn't be charged until the item ships. Am I missing something here? You should just be able to cancel the order and not have to ask for a refund.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The “in stock” status is the only real issue IMO. In stock to me means shipping in a few days max. They should not have listed it as such. As for back orders, shit happens, welcome to 2023

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would think you wouldn't be charged until the item ships. Am I missing something here? You should just be able to cancel the order and not have to ask for a refund.
Lethal bills at the time of sale. It's not like Summit where they bill you when it ships.

Reactions
I specifically asked before I ordered if they were in stock and what the expected shipping time was. If I had received a truthful answer, no problem.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Lethal bills at the time of sale. It's not like Summit where they bill you when it ships.

I found this out too. I very much like supporting forum vendors but it needs to make sense. I'm not in favor of the above practice but I understand it from a business perspective. It makes it so people are less likely to cancel an order and go through the refund and then re-order process.

I've ordered from Lethal, the products were shown to be in stock on their site. I was in no hurry and it wasn't a big deal but It took a while longer than I had expected. It took me a minute before I even looked into it. What I found was that Steeda's site showed out of stock while Lethal's site was showing in stock. Initially, I hadn't realized that this was a drop ship product, I know that now. As I said, I wasn't in a hurry but I do like knowing up front what to expect.

It can be challenging to have a website that accurately reflects real inventory and even more complicated when you're trying to keep up with drop shipping from a supplier. Vendors can't ship something that they don't have or isn't even available in the supply chain.

This all said I'd still like to know what I'm looking at when I make the purchase. I don't think that's too much to ask. We all know that manufacturer availability dates can and will change. Heck, Ford changes shipping dates more often than people change socks. I'd just like to know something is back-ordered from the get-go. It gives me the option of purchasing or not in a different manner.

Recently, I ordered another Steeda product that I initially intended to order through Lethal. The websites once again didn't agree with each other and the price was the same on both sites. I ended up just ordering directly from Steeda knowing the product was back-ordered.

I'd order from Lethal again in a minute, they can have some very nice pricing but I will always compare the price of products and check the availability before placing the order.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Most of these online companies drop-ship products from warehouses. If the company doing inventory for the warehouse is not up to date then it all rolls downhill. For instance, you go online to a big box store looking to see if they have an item in stock before you drive all the way there. The website shows 5 in stock. So you drive there only to find they have none in stock. Now you’re all pissed off. Who is to blame? The kid behind the counter? The person doing inventory? Or the person in charge of the website? None of them are! You are because you set your expectations too high and they were not met! I’ve learned to understand that in this world of online business and people who just don’t care you’re not a happy customer to expect to be disappointed. Live without expectations and you will never be disappointed or have bunched up panties. It is what it is! Just my 2 cents.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
"We are waiting on raw material to make the kit

We are trying our hardest to have this out by the end of the month

but at the moment we do not have an ETA"

A direct quote from S&B. Not complaining just thought I'd share an update.