Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rusty Half Shafts on 5 Day Old New 2024 ST

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I got 20 bucks that says this new guy is also the other new guy. nobody white knights like that without having a connection.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
yeaaaaa, gotta love the internet bully’s like you!

it’s funny that ford says this is normal, but you don’t see issues like this on any Honda or Toyota, oh wait, maybe they take a little more pride in their product by by spending a few cents and spraying these parts.
Because there’s literally not an issue…none. It’s laughable that you think there is. lol

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST 4WD
Thread Starter #43
Way to run somebody off the forum. You should be proud. You're grown men picking on this person.
Maybe just educate and stop trying to make yourself feel big by picking on the weak.
Not to worry, UNBROKEN unfortunately missed the point of the entire post, which was around the NEW car delivery experience vs his USED car world. It was not about the exchanging cash in the mens room at your local Walmart for a pink slip for a used 2020 ST, nor putting aftermarket LED Christmas lights for a cool ST aftermarket experience. It's about the new car delivery experience and when customers see a row of new Ford vehicles with rust visible inside the rims it create issues for sales reps and for Ford. Having the most recalls in US history in one year doesn't help either. Ford is focused on selling NEW cars and competing within the market place.

Ford CEO Jim Farley is taking steps to deal with Ford's quality and customer experience issues, he's owning up to those issues and working to push Ford towards a future of excellence so that it can compete with superior customer experiences by other automakers. Ford recognizes these problems, low rent internet trolls don't, but they also don't matter in the least. I have worked in the auto industry and it is utterly brutal in terms of competitiveness. We have to do better in terms of craftsmanship and quality if we are to compete as a country. Low rent, "it's normal" won't cut it anymore within this emerging competitive landscape. Even though I didn't work for Ford, I'm been a customer since the 80's and I'm confident that Jim Farley is setting the right tone for major changes at Ford. Ford has some AMAZING people working there that can take Ford to where we all want it to be. See article below.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/15/ford-jim-farley-quality-issues

On a side note, don't get worked up about internet trolls, just don't feed them too much. There have been many studies done on them, main attributes are the following:
  1. Aggressiveness: Trolls tend to be aggressive in their online interactions. They may use insults, profanity, and hostile language to provoke reactions from others.
  2. Narcissism: Some trolls exhibit traits of narcissism, including a need for attention and validation. They may engage in trolling behavior as a way to feel powerful or important.
  3. Sadism: Research has suggested that some trolls display sadistic tendencies, deriving pleasure from causing harm or distress to others.
  4. Low empathy: Trolls may lack empathy for their victims, making it easier for them to engage in hurtful behavior without remorse.
  5. Impulsivity: Trolling behavior is often impulsive, with trolls posting inflammatory or provocative comments without much consideration for the consequences.
  6. Deception: Trolls may use deception and manipulation to achieve their goals, such as creating fake accounts or spreading misinformation.
  7. Enjoyment of chaos: Some trolls thrive on chaos and disruption, enjoying the chaos they create in online communities.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Most new car customers never look under their vehicle, much less worry about an unpainted part. I'm guessing those shafts are a vendor part, supplied to Ford, and the company saves a dollar a piece by not having them painted. Keeps the base cost of the vehicle down, and the company makes more money. Do you really want a dealership tech taking apart the vehicle and risk possible damage just to replace a part with flash rust? As stated earlier, go buy a spray can of matte black and shoot the darn things. Way too much butt hurt in this post. ;)

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Was that an actual attempt at an insult, OP? Not quite the abject failure your first post in this thread was but a pretty close second.
Go ahead and keep crying to Ford to replace your rusty half shafts with new ones that’ll rust within a month also…I’m can’t wait to see you back here crying about those too.
You can copy and paste all the articles you want…it won’t change the fact that this is normal and expected.

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Was that an actual attempt at an insult, OP? Not quite the abject failure your first post in this thread was but a pretty close second.
Go ahead and keep crying to Ford to replace your rusty half shafts with new ones that’ll rust within a month also…I’m can’t wait to see you back here crying about those too.
You can copy and paste all the articles you want…it won’t change the fact that this is normal and expected.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/
Merriam-Webster just had an update to the definition of “Unbroken”: A 14 year old user on the ExplorerST.org forum who is aggressive, narcissistic, sadistic, lacks empathy, is impulsive, deceptive and enjoys chaos. They also enjoy seeing the Ford motor cut corners in terms of quality so their vehicles can be sold for $60,000 vs $60,006.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Oh look…the white knight rode back into town. Didn’t see that coming at all. lol
I’d bet money an IP check will show those two accounts at the same address. lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread sponsored by Nikelodeon.

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Oh look…the white knight rode back into town. Didn’t see that coming at all. lol
I’d bet money an IP check will show those two accounts at the same address. lol
Totally got us, I mean me, I mean us, or I mean us?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
100% non issue

Explorer ST Posts