Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rusty Half Shafts on 5 Day Old New 2024 ST

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Wait till you see the driveshafts and rear axles. lol IMG_3073.jpeg IMG_3075.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Wait till you see the driveshafts and rear axles. lol
Take that in for service. You're obviously driving a death-trap with driveshafts that are about to disintegrate like Tom Holland after Thanos' snap.

For the OP, if you're really concerned and have way too much time to kill, sand them and paint them. If you think surface rust on axles is a real problem, or a Ford-only thing, I suggest you go check out other SUVs costing several times more.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Man…this pic is from 2020…I’m surely dead by now driving on those things. lol IMG_2951.jpeg

F=MA

Reactions
And the answer Ford will give:

Weathering steel definition: steels that are chemically formulated to develop a protective patina layer – rust-like in appearance – that eliminates the need for paint. The dense oxide patina layer of weathered steel seals it off from the atmosphere. If a weathered steel panel is scratched, its patina will self-heal.

Used on steel sections of highway bridges.

uws-guide_web.png

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
Let me guess, to save money they will stop painting the bumper and it’ll have rust and they will say it’s to protect it…

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Bumpers are plastic…but lots of driveline stuff is uncoated on literally every car on the planet and gets some surface rust. This is nothing new and this guys car ain’t special.

Taxgod4u

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Exploder-ST
My '23 Tremor had surface rust on the rear yolk on day 1. I hit it with a can of flat black rustolium. Out of sight, out of mind. +15hp

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Black Ford Explorer ST
OP, you've probably spent more time on this post than it would have taken just to sand/paint the axles themselves.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Or... hit it with some Rustolium "Rust Reformer." No sanding just spray it on, looks good and works great. Been using it on my RVs for years and it holds up well.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t think the guy is coming back. His attempt to rally everyone behind a ridiculous complaint failed…

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Way to run somebody off the forum. You should be proud. You're grown men picking on this person.
Maybe just educate and stop trying to make yourself feel big by picking on the weak.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If someone is so soft they leave after being called out on being ridiculous…I won’t lose a seconds sleep.
OP’s responses after being told it’s normal and shown examples just show his mind was already made up.

Reactions
Way to run somebody off the forum. You should be proud. You're grown men picking on this person.
Maybe just educate and stop trying to make yourself feel big by picking on the weak.
He made the account strictly to call out that "problem" ... I did not see him engage in any other thread or even a welcome post.

I wouldn't say he ran them off the forum and I WOULD say he definitely educated him. Don't need to coddle to educate, sometimes tough love is the best bet.

He came with his problem.. and got his answer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah, you got him.

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
If someone is so soft they leave after being called out on being ridiculous…I won’t lose a seconds sleep.
OP’s responses after being told it’s normal and shown examples just show his mind was already made up.
yeaaaaa, gotta love the internet bully’s like you!

it’s funny that ford says this is normal, but you don’t see issues like this on any Honda or Toyota, oh wait, maybe they take a little more pride in their product by by spending a few cents and spraying these parts.

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
OP, you've probably spent more time on this post than it would have taken just to sand/paint the axles themselves.
you probably complain more on forums about complainers who complain about complainers complainin’

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
My '23 Tremor had surface rust on the rear yolk on day 1. I hit it with a can of flat black rustolium. Out of sight, out of mind. +15hp
but why should you have to spray your 65k truck with a 7$ can of spray paint when it’s new? Oh, cause for is cheap and their comp out is it’s normal simply so they can save a few bucks.

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
And the answer Ford will give:

Weathering steel definition: steels that are chemically formulated to develop a protective patina layer – rust-like in appearance – that eliminates the need for paint. The dense oxide patina layer of weathered steel seals it off from the atmosphere. If a weathered steel panel is scratched, its patina will self-heal.

Used on steel sections of highway bridges.

View attachment 21901
Lol, we are comparing bridges to fords. Gotta love this.

dc332

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Black Ford Explorer ST
you probably complain more on forums about complainers who complain about complainers complainin’
Nah, just comment on their silliness.