Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

RTD+ Does not recognize ECU?

Shiver

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
TC-298B,2019+ Ford is correct,I finished it today.
If you are having problems with the vcm scanner, I can give you some solutions.

Reactions
Vehicle
(2) 2021 Explorer ST (White & Carbonized Grey)
TC-298B,2019+ Ford is correct,I finished it today.
That's definitely the one I chose as well. Did you find a source for that info, or just guess like I did?

Reactions
Vehicle
If you are having problems with the vcm scanner, I can give you some solutions.
It's working fine I just didn't get the channels file with the baseline. I let Adam know but haven't heard back yet. I tested with a few other XML files and my email definitely isn't wholesale blocking that extension or anything so I'm not sure what could have happened to it.

Shiver

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
That's definitely the one I chose as well. Did you find a source for that info, or just guess like I did?
I texted Adam,he told me.Then I get two attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
I texted Adam,he told me.Then I get two attachments
Thanks - maybe I'll text him tomorrow during normal hours, for help with the second attachment.

Reactions
Vehicle
Well no progress for me, I emailed last week and texted yesterday. No response to either and still no channels file. Glad you got your issues sorted though!

Shiver

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
Well no progress for me, I emailed last week and texted yesterday. No response to either and still no channels file. Glad you got your issues sorted though!
May have to wait a few days.

Reactions
Vehicle
May have to wait a few days.
I texted Adam again today and he got the channels over file to me, so I'm making progress. I went right out and loaded the baseline on the car, and the channels file into VCM Scanner but now the problem is that it doesn't show any data with the channels file loaded. If I select "load vehicle defaults" it shows data but I'll have to ask Adam for guidance tomorrow.

I noticed while driving around on the baseline tune that it shows the current gear even when it's in normal/D. I like it, hopefully he can make that part of the final tune too.

Reactions
I texted Adam again today and he got the channels over file to me, so I'm making progress. I went right out and loaded the baseline on the car, and the channels file into VCM Scanner but now the problem is that it doesn't show any data with the channels file loaded. If I select "load vehicle defaults" it shows data but I'll have to ask Adam for guidance tomorrow.

I noticed while driving around on the baseline tune that it shows the current gear even when it's in normal/D. I like it, hopefully he can make that part of the final tune too.
I think you have to go into vehicle config and type your vehicle strategy # and save it for the data to come up on the channels. I've only used it thru laptop once but I feel like that exact same thing happened to me until I typed the strategy in.

Shiver

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st

Select vehicle profile editor, then enter User Vin and User OS. Confirm these two information, if not working, try this UserOS "NB5A-14C204-HB" or"MB5A-14C204-CFB".Hope it helps you.

Reactions
Vehicle
Thanks ridered74 and Shiver, seems like there's quite a bit of required knowledge that's not covered in the instructions lol.

At this point since I can load the baseline with RTD Flasher, couldn't I just do the data logging step with the TDN app? I tested that last night and it does appear to connect and read data successfully.

Reactions
Vehicle
No luck with the laptop but the phone app seemed to work for logging. I logged a pull at lunch, uploaded and submitted a tdn request so hopefully I'm good to go. Thanks for all the suggestions for so far, I'd still be stuck at step 1 without your help.

Reactions
Thanks ridered74 and Shiver, seems like there's quite a bit of required knowledge that's not covered in the instructions lol.

At this point since I can load the baseline with RTD Flasher, couldn't I just do the data logging step with the TDN app? I tested that last night and it does appear to connect and read data successfully.

Ya I send all logs using the phone and app. Just remember to fill out a tuning request thru the website after you send it so that you are offically in line for him to look at it.

One other thing to watch out for, if you don't use it for a few weeks or months and then get a revision or something and then the app says it won't connect to the device, do a firmware update. It won't tell you that you need a firmware update, but when new firmware is out it will stop connecting until you update it. One of those things I guess you just have to know or figure out on your own, but pretty annoying when you just want to flash a tune and drive somewhere real quick and instead you sit there for 10 minutes trying to figure out why it won't connect and then another 10 minutes to upgrade firmware just to flash a tune.