Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reverse lights

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just to confirm, both products quoted above did not require any coding or additional resistors to function normally? Truly plug and play, right? If so I think I'll pull the trigger.
Just to confirm, both products quoted above did not require any coding or additional resistors to function normally? Truly plug and play, right? If so I think I'll pull the trigger.
I can confirm there are no issues with the reverse light selection and they are very bright. I did not like how the taillights come out and was concerned I might damage the assembly where it clips in at the most forward area towards the front of the truck by just pulling out. Ended up using a towel and small screw driver to pry it out in the front and felt like a surgeon trying not to scratch the paint. Anyone have any tips other than my procedure?

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
Right! I broke one of the tabs on the tail light housing. Totally sucked. Luckily it’s holding on the other tab so I did not need to buy a whole new housing. Phew.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Don’t feel too bad, I busted one of the plastic pieces that goes towards the lift gate. Broke all three of the tiny plastic tabs that hold it in. It’s back in place now but I will probably buy a replacement at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrollce

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Line
Here is where I landed. Updated LED per link above for reverse and additional light. I like it, some will not.
I see you put those red Explorer vinyl letters on the tailgate. Nice! I plan to do that to mine as well. Did you get them from Etsy? I found a guy that has those listed.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Right! I broke one of the tabs on the tail light housing. Totally sucked. Luckily it’s holding on the other tab so I did not need to buy a whole new housing. Phew.
Broke one of my tabs as well lol glad I’m not the only one. But yeah it still holds well.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Hey Welcome to the forums and being Local here in Sac
Thanks!

My wife has been wanting to move up to the Explorer ST from her Focus ST, it's such a fun car to drive but wants something bigger now...

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hands down the best and brightest reverse lights are from Travis at Houston Speed Freaks. He’s an ST owner so he built lights specifically for the car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Hands down the best and brightest reverse lights are from Travis at Houston Speed Freaks. He’s an ST owner so he built lights specifically for the car.
I was going to get some reverse lights so I checked out his site and they are sold out! Bummer! Too bad I didn't know of him sooner, I would have bought the sub-frame bushing supports from him. If the FenFabrication are as good as Steeda that is. I'm all about supporting the small and local shops.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Been using these since May. Bright, ez plug and play and priced right.
For some reason cant get link to work but here is screen shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: