Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reverse lights

Reactions
Hi,

I live in a rather dark area and am wondering if folks have increased the reverse light output and/or installed additional reverse lights. Did that on my F150, extra reverse lights, however not sure how that would look on the Explorer, and did not want to reinvent the wheel if some has a great solution.

I’ve got some low profile LED lights that I’m thinking of installing.

Thoughts.

Thanks.

Reactions

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, get a brighter LED replacement and remove hyper flash in Forscan.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Did you have to add resistors? What model did you purchase?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I didn’t need to add resistors to my reverse lights. Just got led replacement lights. Just my rear turn signals require resistor or to disable the hyper flash via forscan.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Thanks

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd avoid the resister version. They produce a tremendous amount of heat and are unnecessary if you turn off hyper flash with Forscan.

Reactions
Just to confirm, both products quoted above did not require any coding or additional resistors to function normally? Truly plug and play, right? If so I think I'll pull the trigger.

Reactions
I can definitely confirm that the Reverse lights work without resistors or programming

As for the turn signals, they work fine in my F250 without resistors or programming. But in my ST, I forscanned away the hyperblink

REO1378

Reactions
Just to confirm, both products quoted above did not require any coding or additional resistors to function normally? Truly plug and play, right? If so I think I'll pull the trigger.
That is correct, true plug and play for both.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Thanks all. Parts ordered!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thanks for the tip. There are much cheaper options (even less than half the price). But, I took your advice. It seems to me that having the bulb attached to the socket is asking for overheating problems. The pigtail between the bulb/heat sink and socket makes more sense to me.

Anybody identified an LED brake light option that doesn’t require removing hyper flash? Are there any brighter alternatives?

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the tip. There are much cheaper options (even less than half the price). But, I took your advice. It seems to me that having the bulb attached to the socket is asking for overheating problems. The pigtail between the bulb/heat sink and socket makes more sense to me.

Anybody identified an LED brake light option that doesn’t require removing hyper flash? Are there any brighter alternatives?
Led brake light? Aren’t they led already.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Here is where I landed. Updated LED per link above for reverse and additional light. I like it, some will not.
What are those additional lights? Have a link?