Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reposting for visibility - Watch this Video. What is this sound?

Reactions
is this pipe before or after catalysts?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I talked to whoosh, he said putting a hose clamp around the stock mid-pip's, mesh flex point will solve the rattle i am experiencing.. just adding this to the forum since i didn't find it here.
Most everyone knows that. It’s actually Fords “fix” for the issue.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I talked to whoosh, he said putting a hose clamp around the stock mid-pip's, mesh flex point will solve the rattle i am experiencing.. just adding this to the forum since i didn't find it here.
Ford has a TSB for that fix. Your dealer should do that for you. The # is TSB 20-2220

Attachments

OP
Brucecris
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Ford has a TSB for that fix. Your dealer should do that for you. The # is TSB 20-2220
It does not fix the core issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Mine does it too, but the opposite - loud when cold quieter when warmed up. But that's most likely an exhaust leak from being high-centered

You can hear that over all the other drivetrain/exhaust because the car is so quiet. Sorry to say it, but that's a gonna have to live with it kinda deal. I think "embarrassingly loud" is a tad dramatic TBH.

OP
Brucecris
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Mine does it too, but the opposite - loud when cold quieter when warmed up. But that's most likely an exhaust leak from being high-centered

You can hear that over all the other drivetrain/exhaust because the car is so quiet. Sorry to say it, but that's a gonna have to live with it kinda deal. I think "embarrassingly loud" is a tad dramatic TBH.
Then we don’t have the same issue brother. If you had what I have it’s fucking embarrassing and not something to live with.

Reactions
Correct, we're dealing with different problems. But if it's embarrassing you, may be time to find another platform. If the techs can't find a problem, and the internet community can't find a problem, chances are it's a you problem. Cheers!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Correct, we're dealing with different problems. But if it's embarrassing you, may be time to find another platform. If the techs can't find a problem, and the internet community can't find a problem, chances are it's a you problem. Cheers!
Bruce has contributed more to this platform than most ever will…you’re just being a keyboard asshole.
I have the same issue he does…it’s loud, it’s not the exhaust and it’s definitely embarrassing. The pump shouldn’t be that loud nor sound like the damn Jetsons flying car when you’re sitting there.

Reactions
Bruce has contributed more to this platform than most ever will…you’re just being a keyboard asshole.
I have the same issue he does…it’s loud, it’s not the exhaust and it’s definitely embarrassing. The pump shouldn’t be that loud nor sound like the damn Jetsons flying car when you’re sitting there.
Sounds good! Looks like you should find another car too.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds good! Looks like you should find another car too.
Sounds like you should find a new attitude. If you don’t understand the issue maybe just not post about it…

Reactions
Man you're a pleasant one to converse with. I sure don't have an idea, I read the cliff notes and honestly if it isn't worth your time to bring these problems up with the dealer/they can't replicate don't see a problem fork over the money to replace the pump. But that's too practical?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Man you're a pleasant one to converse with. I sure don't have an idea, I read the cliff notes and honestly if it isn't worth your time to bring these problems up with the dealer/they can't replicate don't see a problem fork over the money to replace the pump. But that's too practical?
I have one of the most modded ST’s out there…I don’t go to the dealer for anything. When I find the time I’ll pull it into my shop and drop the trans and me and a friend who’s a trans tech at a local dealer will go through it ourselves.

Reactions
I have one of the most modded ST’s out there…I don’t go to the dealer for anything. When I find the time I’ll pull it into my shop and drop the trans and me and a friend who’s a trans tech at a local dealer will go through it ourselves.
Sounds like you're on the right track then.

OP
Brucecris
Reactions
Thread Starter #34
Dude I dont come running to the forum posting about shit I haven’t already took months to try and work with my techs to figure out. I’m not that guy. Ford corporate is aware of it and my techs were asked to send the video to corporate. They can’t justify an investigation if there’s no codes or performance issues. However, I shouldn’t have to say that to pass your gateway for approval though so take that shit elsewhere. This isn’t the Facebook forum.

My post was in good faith and NOWHERE did I complain about the vehicle other than to say it’s embarrassing- triggered you for some reason. I’m dedicated to this platform so I’m trying to understand if anyone else has this issue or KNOWS WHAT IT IS. maybe you can back off and stop being a douche.