Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear seat entertainment

Jmetzfa5

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Is it possible for the dealer to add on after the fact the oem rear seat entertainment system?

ST_Addicts

Reactions
I’m not sure but I would like to add them to my Explorer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If your kids are like mine, you are much better off just getting them their own tablets and sharing wifi via hotspot.

OP
J

Jmetzfa5

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
If your kids are like mine, you are much better off just getting them their own tablets and sharing wifi via hotspot.
The only positive in them being affixed to the headrests is they can’t throw them at eachother I like the idea of them not having their grubby little hands all over something

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Eh I’d rather not have my kids with their face in a screen all the time. I feel like that would happen if the screens were staring at my kids faces all the time. And if they do have their tablet, at least they can play interactive games along with the videos. Not possible with these headrest screens.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Is it possible for the dealer to add on after the fact the oem rear seat entertainment system?
Yes it is possible, I just did it myself.

The installation is not a big deal for anyone handy with tools but you gain the OEM warranty of you get the dealership to install.

I paid a fraction of what Ford wants for the Dual Headrest DVD package but I would recommend some of the newer style kits with iPads or tablet of your choice. The original ones were hokey yes, but the newer ones are much more integrated and gives you the ability to remove them.

If you do decide to go OEM don't forget to download the Ford Play App, it adds some additional functionality.

The new ones allow for interactive games and anything you do on the smartphone can be pushed up. I like the idea also of integrating the headrests with the unlimited data plan in the vehicles 4G hotspot. You can watch live programs and surf the web on these new ones if you pay the unlimited data plan.

I can send you the installation document if you decide to go that way.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@Sgt1411 may I ask you what it ended up costing you?

OP
J

Jmetzfa5

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yes it is possible, I just did it myself.

The installation is not a big deal for anyone handy with tools but you gain the OEM warranty of you get the dealership to install.

I paid a fraction of what Ford wants for the Dual Headrest DVD package but I would recommend some of the newer style kits with iPads or tablet of your choice. The original ones were hokey yes, but the newer ones are much more integrated and gives you the ability to remove them.

If you do decide to go OEM don't forget to download the Ford Play App, it adds some additional functionality.

The new ones allow for interactive games and anything you do on the smartphone can be pushed up. I like the idea also of integrating the headrests with the unlimited data plan in the vehicles 4G hotspot. You can watch live programs and surf the web on these new ones if you pay the unlimited data plan.

I can send you the installation document if you decide to go that way.
Yea please if you don’t mind ! Thank you so much

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah at that price it's a no-brainer for you.