Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear exhaust hanger, Doohickey

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Folks, does anyone know what the bolt size is for the bolt that secures the rear exhaust hanger bracket to the frame? It’s the bracket that I have shown in this picture. By the way, does anyone know what that part number for the bracket is? Much appreciated. 7A900BE2-6C9C-462B-B7CB-79657B0DBA24.jpeg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
10 mm

TheJonse

Reactions
I know the answer to this as I had one snap on me - the design has definitely been reinforced too, which is why I replaced the other side preventatively.

L1MZ-5K291-M
L1MZ-5K291-L

They are handed so make sure you pick the correct one.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #4
I know the answer to this as I had one snap on me - the design has definitely been reinforced too, which is why I replaced the other side preventatively.

L1MZ-5K291-M
L1MZ-5K291-L

They are handed so make sure you pick the correct one.

Thanks 1 billion. It was easier for me to search for a needle in a haystack than to try to find these numbers.

cmauro9

Reactions
I have an issue with my passenger side bracket. I have the thermal R & D 2.5" kit with fenfab downpipes. By part number, these aren't listed as the correct ones for 3.0TT and only fit the 2.3 EcoBoost. It sounds like they have worked or work on both engines. Thanks in advance.

Bleechers

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have an issue with my passenger side bracket. I have the thermal R & D 2.5" kit with fenfab downpipes. By part number, these aren't listed as the correct ones for 3.0TT and only fit the 2.3 EcoBoost. It sounds like they have worked or work on both engines. Thanks in advance.
Since this is the only post that I can find on google for this issue, I registered here just to add that L1MZ-5K291-M and L1MZ-5K291-L are the correct part numbers for the 3.0TT. Ford says they only fit the 2.3 and there is no brackets they sell for the 3.0TT, but it seems that for the 3.0TT these brackets are considered a subcomponent of the entire exhuast and not a seperate part even though they are identical.

Ford parts will tell you they won't fit and they can't help you but what Greywolf said is correct and those are the part numbers.